The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Health Quality Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Enhance the technical capability of health staff to improve quality of implementation in health program;
- Draw lessons and gain insights from experiences, including of programme and project effectiveness, and feed these back project review discussions;
- Organizes, compiles, donor reports to identify trends, establish priorities, and recommend improvement activities;
- Performs comprehensive, concurrent, and retrospective health service utilization data reviews including morbidity trends in a timely manner;
- Reports findings to other departments such as utilization review, infection control, and risk management;
- Keeps abreast of current MOH, WHO and the IRC standards/protocols and other standards, and the latest quality techniques in provision of health care.
- Identifies gaps in quality and technical capability through monitoring, supervision/ongoing assessment, including visits, and implements improvements in practice, working closely with health teams;
- Ensures adherence to agreed health and reproductive health protocol, guidelines and standards and ensures health projects implementation are of high quality and meets the IRC/MoH/International standards;
- Works with health sector and other sectors on project implementation review activities;
- Provide quality improvement leadership and coordinates the implementation of quality improvement program to meet the needs of beneficiaries, donors, IRC and external agencies;
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s degree in relevant Health-related subject, post-graduate medical degree (MPH, MD, RN, PA, or midwife), or other relevant degree; with experience in quality assurance or knowledge management.
- At least five years’ experience in design and implementation of quality health programs in developing countries, insecure environments and areas affected by crisis;
- Experience running large, geographically dispersed teams and working in tandem with local and international partners;
- High level of comfort and working knowledge of real-time information management systems and knowledge management platforms, including familiarity with data visualization approaches;
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Fluency in English (spoken and written);
- Ability to handle a large and dynamic workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Previous work experience in West Africa, field experience in Nigeria is preferred.
- Proven work experience in project management, and quality assurance;
- Demonstrated experience working in an international NGO environment and effectively dealing with project staff, both national and international government officials, and other NGOs;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Nigeria nationals or long-term residents are particularly encouraged to apply;
- IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct: integrity, service, and accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on the protection of the beneficiary against exploitation and abuse, the safeguarding of the child, harassment in the workplace, fiscal integrity and anti-retaliation;
- IRC is committed to promote gender equality at work. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce, including parental leave, gender-sensitive safety protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances;
- IRC is an equal opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law
18th January, 2021.
- NASCON Allied Industries Plc Recruitment Form Portal 2021/2022
- PZ Cussons Job Recruitment Application Portal 2021/2022
- Pistachio Foods Limited Job Recruitment Registration Portal 2021/2022
- Skyshore Group Limited (SGL) Job Recruitment Application Portal 2021/2022
- Airtel Nigeria Job Recruitment Application Portal 2021/2022
- BU Power Limited Job Recruitment Registration Portal 2021/2022
- Accelerex Network Limited Job Recruitment Portal 2021/2022
- International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Job Recruitment Application Portal 2020/2021
Enter your email address below and get more jobs like this for free!
- Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitment.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
- LIKE our Facebook page for direct updates
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle for updates
- In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here