The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Data Manager, Breeding
Ref. No: DDG-R4D/DM/B/12/20
Recruitment Type: 3-year contract
- IITA seeks a highly-motivated Data Manager with significant experience in working with crop improvement programs.
- This position will report to the Head of Breeding, IITA and will also regularly review progress with staff of the Excellence in Breeding platform.
- Work with IITA plant breeders and the Excellence in Breeding (EiB) platform in the modernisation of breeding programmes for enhanced genetic gain, particularly with respect to the deployment and adoption of breeding data management systems and digitization tools.
- Help in the development and implementation of a strategic plan for adoption of software, digitization and standardized protocols for IITA, West Africa and key national partners.
- Coordinate curation for maize and other crop breeding data to enable adoption of EBS.
- Liaise with Biometrics and IT teams for specific user requirements and support.
- Coordinate the standardisation of phenotypic, genotypic, genealogy data, protocols and relevant metadata.
Qualifications and Requirements
- The candidate should have M.Sc. in Information Systems, Data Science, Plant Breeding or related quantitative area of science (PhD preferable).
- Significant experience (5 years) working as part of crop improvement teams in the public or private sector.
- Considerable experience of using and developing modern informatics tools for plant breeding.
- Considerable experience in managing data from high throughput technologies used in plant breeding (molecular and phenotyping).
Job Title: Administrative Officer I
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
- Assist in the monthly report of the development & delivery activities;
- Provide administrative and logistics support for monthly / annual meetings, conferences and managing visits related to Development and Delivery office under Partnerships for Delivery Directorate and BASICS-II;
- Manage calendars and activities that fall under the purview of the D&D office and BASICS-II PM;
- File Travel Authorizations (TA) and prepare expense claims for the project manager and other project staff;
- Make oracle requisitions, work order and follow up till execution stage;
- Assist in developing economics for production of cassava seeds with partners;
- Assist in conducting training with BASICS II Seed Producers on Business RecordKeeping and price intelligence;
- Provide support to the Project Administrator on BASICS-II project matters and development and delivery office of P4D;
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification and Requirements
- B.Sc / HND in Economics, Business Administration or related field with a minimum of four (4) years’ experience performing similar or related role in a well-structured organization.
- Proficient level of skill and knowledge in administrative process and use of relevant technology to deliver on assigned tasks.
- Ability to prepare detailed monthly report of meeting and partnership activities with follow up actionable plans.
- Ability to ensure implementation of request in a timely manner.
- Good communication and interpersonal skill.
- Excellent computer skill especially typing and attention to details.
Job Title: Research Associate (Agronomy)
Location: Jos, Plateau
Recruitment Type: National (1-year renewable contract)
- Conduct capacity building interventions for ware producers, seed multipliers, farmers, partners, private sector enterprises;
- Coordinate and support planning and delivery of field days and training sites managed by partners and project;
- Provide technical backstopping to private seed and ware producers on seed and ware potato production, respectively;
- Work with partner to coordinate and monitor activities, such as extension training of trainers followed by farmer training, and monitor collection of all event and field data;
- Oversee day-to-day management and implementation of the project activities in close collaboration with Green innovation centers for the agriculture and food sector (GIAE) teams and project partners;
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master degree in Agronomy, Pathology or related discipline with minimum of six (6) years’ hands on practical experience in training/field on agronomy, pest and pathogen, post-harvest, and related good agricultural practices of Irish potato.
- Excellent skills in managing partnerships with senior-level officials to farmers
- Excellent knowledge and experience in supporting seed and ware producers to produce seed and ware potato respectively potato
- Experience in collecting diverse kinds of data from all activities
- Excellent data analysis, synthesis and report writing skills
- Advanced level of MS Office.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter which should address how their background / experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, Curriculum Vitae, Names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor / Superior at his / her present or former place of work). The application should be addressed to the Head, Human Resources Service.
Interested Candidates should Click Here to Apply
Application Closing Date
14th January, 2021.
- Huawei Technologies Company Nigeria Limited Job Recruitment Application Portal 2020/2021
- Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) Job Vacancies Recruitment Portal 2020/2021
- MainOne Cable Job Recruitment Portal 2020/2021
- Nairametrics Job Vacancies Registration Portal 2020/2021
- Unified Payment Services Limited Job Recruitment Application Portal 2020/2021
- The OPEC Fund for International Development Job Recruitment Application Portal 2020/2021
- Genesis Deluxe Cinema Job Recruitment 2020/2021
- Interswitch Group Job Recruitment Registration Portal 2020/2021
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) Job Recruitment Portal 2020/2021