The African Union, established as a unique Pan African continental body, is charged with spearheading Africa’s rapid integration and sustainable development by promoting unity, solidarity, cohesion and cooperation among the peoples of Africa and African States as well as developing a New Partnership worldwide. Its Headquarters is located at Addis Ababa, capital city of Ethiopia.
In seeking to achieve these objectives, the African Union intends to strengthen its capacity to deliver, by amongst others, the implementation of new organization structure and the filling of all vacant posts.
The Commission of the African Union invites applicants who are citizens of Member States to apply for the short term position within the Department of Rural Economy and Agriculture based in Debrezeit, Ethiopia:
Job Title: Laboratory / Animal Health Assistant
Location: Debrezeit, Ethiopia
Contract Type: Regular (Long Duration)
Employment Fraction: Full-time
- Perform FMD vaccine quality control tests
- Participate in the implementation safety studies for FMD vaccines quality control testing according to international standards,
- Support laboratory activities for the production of FMD biologicals and reagents of animal base,
- Assist in the preparation of Instruction manuals, Standard Operating Procedures and other technical manuals for management of laboratory animals,
- Participate in the implementation and monitoring of the AU-PANVAC/ Pirbright Project based on Good Laboratory Practice.
- Maintain good husbandry practices for laboratory animal management,
- Participate in network laboratories external quality assessment and accreditation, and
- Perform any other related duties as required by the Director of PANVAC.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidates must hold at least a BSC in Laboratory Science, Microbiology, Animal Science or related fields. A DVM will be a preferred advantage.
- The incumbent should have a minimum of 2 years of laboratory work experience in the field of: – Diagnostic/ research laboratory (knowledge of vaccine quality control and production would be an added advantage) – Animal husbandry – Laboratory Animal Management.
- Proficiency in at least one of the African Union working languages (among English, French, Arabic, Portuguese and Spanish). Knowledge of one or more of the AU working languages will be an advantage.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent drafting and reporting skills
- Good communication and negotiating skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team; and
- Ability to work under work pressure and deliver on time.
- Applicants must be proficient in English or French. Advanced Knowledge of one more or several other working languages of the AU (Arabic, Portuguese or Spanish) would be an added advantage.
Tenure of Appointment:
- The Appointment will be made on a fixed term contract for a period of 12 (twelve) months renewable once based on availability of funds and performance.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The salary attached to the position is an annual lump-sum of US$ 15,296.15 (GSA3 Step5) inclusive of all Requirements allowances for locally recruited staff.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Applications are pre-screened by the system according to the published requirements of the job opening on the basis of the information provided in the application. In relation to the requirements of the job opening, applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their qualifications, including their education, work experience, and language skills.
- Each applicant must bear in mind that submission of incomplete or inaccurate applications may render that applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening. Initial screening and evaluation of applications will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted.
- Applications cannot be amended following submission. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to a reference-checking process to verify the information provided in the application
25th January, 2021.
- The International Rescue Committee (IRC) Job Recruitment Portal 2021/2022
- Peen Nigeria Limited Job Recruitment Portal 2021/2022
- NASCON Allied Industries Plc Recruitment Form Portal 2021/2022
- PZ Cussons Job Recruitment Application Portal 2021/2022
- Pistachio Foods Limited Job Recruitment Registration Portal 2021/2022
- Skyshore Group Limited (SGL) Job Recruitment Application Portal 2021/2022
- Airtel Nigeria Job Recruitment Application Portal 2021/2022
- BU Power Limited Job Recruitment Registration Portal 2021/2022
- Accelerex Network Limited Job Recruitment Portal 2021/2022
Enter your email address below and get more jobs like this for free!