Air Peace Limited Recruitment – Applications are invited from all interested persons. See below for all you need to know; the requirements, application closing date, and how to apply.
At Air Peace Limited, we continuously strive for excellence in all we do. Through our people we are able to attain higher heights because their unique strengths and experiences help us turn challenges into opportunities. We employ the best talent and provide a great opportunity and environment for them to display their best skills in a service driven environment.
Job Title: Administrator
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Information and Technology
Reports to: Senior IT Systems & Infrastructure Support Analyst
Purpose of Role
- The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the peripheral systems are in proper working condition and arranges replacement or resolve the issues in case of any hardware failure.
- Creates file systems and manages network communication.
- Responsible for taking care of the backup and recovery policy.
- Updates the new version of OS and application software, along with executing the policies for the use of the computer system and network. Sets up security policies for users and handles identity management.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Documenting any processes which employees need to follow in order to successfully work within our computing system
- Collaborate with other IT staff, end users, and vendors to ensure effective integration of APL systems.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards related to system security and performance.
- Participate in system capacity planning and expansion to support the organization’s growth and changing needs.
- Provide training and mentorship to other IT staff (Trainees), helping them develop their technical skills and knowledge.
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and fail over procedures.
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance.
- Replacing and upgrading defective or outdated components when necessary.
- Monitoring system performance to ensure everything runs smoothly and securely.
- Researching and recommending new approaches to improve the networked computer system.
- Providing technical support when requested.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- B.Sc in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Professional Certification (e.g., Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) is a must.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience of database, system administration, and/or network administration.
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with the ability to troubleshoot complex system/network issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with IT staff, end users, and vendors.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a focus on collaboration and results.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans.
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols.
- Hands-on experience administering serverside technology and networked computing systems.
- Familiarity with SQL and database operations.
- Ability to prioritize a wide range of workloads with critical deadlines.
- Availability outside of working hours to resolve emergency issues promptly.
- Excellent time management, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Patient and professional demeanor, with a can do attitude.
- Ability to present ideas in user friendly language.
Job Specification (Key Result Areas / Priority % of Time)
- IT Service Delivery 40%
- Business Process Optimization 20%
- Customer Satisfaction 10%
- Stakeholder Relationship Management 10%
- IT Good Corporate Governance & Compliance 10%
- Organizational Effectiveness 10%.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “System Administrator” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted
Application Closing Date
Application Deadline is 6th October, 2023.