Seal Energy Investment Company Limited Recruitment – Applications are invited from all interested candidates. See below for all you need to know; the requirements, application closing date, and how to apply.
Seal Energy has built strong relationships with key industry players and institutions. We are satisfactorily registered with the oil and gas regulatory bodies including the Directorate of Petroleum Resources (DPR). We are a participating member of the Nipex Portal, registered with the Nigerian National Oil Corporation (NNPC) and the Nigeria Local Content Development Board (NCDMB).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Instrumentation Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
Roles and Responsibilities
- Providing engineering and support for Distributed Control System (DCS), Process Control System (PCS), and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) in the plant. Maintains documentation of these systems, ensuring that all modifications are documented, and changes are routed through the Management of Change (MOC) process.
- Assesses new instrumentation and control technologies to determine the right opportunities for their application.
- Ensure application of suitable industry codes and standards as well as best practices in selection, construction, and usage of instrumentation/electrical equipment and process control systems.
- Provide technical support related to instrumentation, process control, and electrical equipment and troubleshoot when issue goes beyond I&E Technician capability.
- Develop alternatives and propose and implement solutions for long term reliability.
- Carry out various studies to improve instrumentation/electrical system safety, reliability, and economics.
- Integrate best practices into the work management process to support a fully deployed reliability program. Work management process includes preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, planning, scheduling, coordination and craft and equipment reliability feedback loops.
- Develop solutions for work procedures, equipment reliability, and precision work practices.
- Perform root cause analysis, equipment reliability improvement and reactive work reduction strategies.
- Use Reliability Centered Maintenance principles to develop and improve preventive and predictive maintenance plans.
- Assist in design reviews from a Maintainability and Reliability perspective.
- Evaluate new technologies and alternatives for equipment repair, seeking cost and delivery advantages.
- Assist maintenance, engineering, and operations management as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instrumentation Engineering or related discipline required.
- 8+ Years relevant experience in commissioning/startup support in an oil and gas industry, experience in gas processing plant/project will be an added advantage.
- Identify actions to reach needed results. Seek input to solve problems. Persevere through barriers & find alternatives. Track progress & keep others informed.
- Knowledge of field instrumentation & controls including sensors, transmitters, final control elements, process control systems, communication protocols and wiring methods.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving profile
- Design instrument loops including selection & sizing of flow meters, control valves and other field instrumentation.
- General knowledge of power generation, MV/LV distribution systems, and UPS and DC power systems.
- Understanding of electrical protection for feeders, motors, transformers, and other equipment. Knowledge or experience with ASDs/VFDs
- Interface effectively with Operators, Mechanics, Vendors, Contractors, Management & other groups to meet business objectives.
- Foster cooperation & collaboration among individuals in a work group.
- Work with customers to set priorities & execute work with minimal direct supervision.
- Collaboratively work with multiple Gas processing groups (Health Environment and Safety, Engineering, Operations and Maintenance) to gain support and alignment.
- Strong team player (i.e. capable of building strong and productive working relationships with all stakeholders)
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to effectively communicate in all directions Listen and properly regard input from all team members and stakeholders Facilitate meetings and deliver training courses.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Closing Date
Application Deadline is 28th September, 2023.