Rise to Inspire Africa Initiative Recruitment 2022 for a Finance and Compliance Office – Rise to Inspire Africa Initiative is recruiting candidates suitable to fill the position of a Finance and Compliance Officer. Interested candidates should follow the descriptions listed below to apply.
Rise to Inspire Africa Initiative is a youth-led, impact-driven, result-oriented, non-profit and non-governmental organization that is committed to alleviating the sufferings of the vulnerable and most marginalized people in sub-Saharan Africa. The organization aims to bring about positive changes and to inspire the victims of armed conflicts and natural disasters, especially women and children, to attain self-reliance and sufficiency while providing access to equal opportunities through advocacy, collaborative networking, capacity building, and empowerment. We seek to enhance the ability of our clients to make integrated and right decisions through the many and varied programs that will help them physically, psychologically, and intellectually grow and thrive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Compliance Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Contract
- Finance Department is responsible for all financial functions in Nigeria, including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and grant financial management and ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as RIA’s internal policies and procedures.
- Provides timely reports and assistance to the Director of Programme and the Program team to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
- Maintain Naira cashbook at the set limits; take responsibility for any cash differences arising.
- Ensure that all cash payments are properly supported and duly authorized per the RIA Initiative delineation schedule before disbursement.
- Ensure collection of the statement of account monthly.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation reports.
- Supervise cash counts every Friday.
- Process payment to vendors upon reception of their service invoice and receipts promptly.
- Ensuring that authorizations on the requests for payments are in line with the approved limits per the delineation chart.
- Ensure that all services with the budget line are uploaded to QuickBooks and updated at all times.
- Maintain bank information file.
- Participate in the procurement committee sittings.
- Ensure checks register are recorded sequentially and updated. Separate the Naira and USD checks to maintain sequence.
- A diligent follow-up to ensure fully signed checks are collected by vendors and signed for (ensuring proper identification of the person collecting) and details indicated in the checks release register.
- Provide timely updates to the supervisor on the reason for uncollected checks.
- Maintain an organized and well-documented (all files must be labelled properly and visibly) and sequential filing system for all cash disbursement vouchers
- Archiving of prior years’ finance documents as instructed by the Finance Officer.
- Support Donor Engagement and Fundraising. Ensure that funds for continuity and scale-up of Programmes/operations are secured at most 6 months into this contract.
- To be willing and ready to participate in field staff exchange programs as organized by the Finance Officer.
- Attend and participate in training identified/organized by your supervisor
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from the Chief of Programmes
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor
- Assist the Finance Team to enhance the efficiency of the existing control system and ensure any identified compliance gap is corrected.
- Assist in reviewing monthly financial reports and follow up with other departments for any corrective actions required.
- Oversee the maintenance of all accounting records, ensuring that records are complete, accurate and safeguarded
- Assist in the training and support staff in the field office including answering daily questions, training new hires, making field visits, etc.
- Conduct a monitoring plan to lessen financial and compliance risks at beneficiary sites.
- Set up and maintain filing systems of all protocols and important documents for the project.
- Assist in monitor and following up with any compliance issue when arising.
- Track and ensure all compliance documents such as handover note, distribution list, and attendance sheet is collected and verified.
- Conduct technical review for the project side.
- Position Reports to: Director of Programmes.
- Position directly supervises: NA
- Indirect Reporting: NA
- Internal: Project, HR/Admin Staff.
- External: Donor staff, government ministry, partners etc.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Finance, Accounting
- Two years’ experience in the Finance Department of a non-governmental organization.
- 2 or more years of finance experience, including budgeting and grant management or auditing.
- Good understanding of major international donor rules and non-profit accounting.
- Prior experience with computerized general ledger software.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with a solid understanding of financial and procurement systems; Prior auditing experience is consider a plus.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
How to Apply
interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Standards of Professional Conduct: The RIA Initiative and its workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the i-CHAIR values – Code of Conduct.
- These are Integrity, Compassion, Humanity Accountability, Impact, and Respect.
- In accordance with these values, the RIA Initiative operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Gender-equality, Whistle-blowing, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
- RIA Initiative considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE