Apply for Solidaridad West Africa (SWA) Recruitment 2022 – Solidaridad West Africa (SWA) is currently recruiting candidates who are suitable to fill the position of an Accounts Officer. Interested candidates should kindly follow the guidelines listed below to apply.
Solidaridad West Africa (SWA) is a not-for-profit organization that supports the sustainable development of production systems in West Africa. We play a catalytic role by partnering with private sector companies and other stakeholders to foster the development of socially responsible, ecologically sound and profitable supply chains. Our activities in West Africa are focused on cocoa, gold, oil palm, cotton, coffee and other commodities.
As one of the Regional Expertise Centers (REC) within Solidaridad’s international network, we are part of a growing global organization advocating and supporting sustainable and responsible production and trade. SWA focuses on stimulating sustainable supply chains through the introduction of innovations in good practices, robust infrastructure, sustainable landscapes management and enabling policy. The Solidaridad regional office is based in Accra, Ghana and currently has programmes and operations in Sierra Leone, Côte D’Ivoire, Ghana, Liberia and Nigeria.
We seek to recruit a highly qualified and motivated candidate to support its operations in Nigeria in the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Officer
Line Manager: Finance Officer
- The Accounts Officer provides financial and accounting support to operations.
- Monthly Management Accounts
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for all accounts receivables and accounts payables
- Prepare monthly management accounts
- Reviews the classification of all vouchers and receipts according to completeness and to cost centers/cost category/legal as sent by the projects and corrects them if required.
- Assist with programme and project budget development: record project expenditure accurately
- Reconcile travel and expense advances monthly
- Financial Reports
- Prepare payment requisitions from
- File and maintain all records of financial transactions and bank accounts in accordance with financial policies
- Maintain a sub- assets register of the office and for specific projects that are assigned.
- Ensure that banking arrangements are adequate to support the operational activities and that all bank transactions conform to agreed procedures and are appropriately documented.
- Prepare project financial reports
- Assist in preparing for audit and liaising with auditors
- Assist in preparation of budgets
- Financial administration
- Maintain accounting records and financial controls in accordance with organizational policy and donor requirements.
- Support regional/country team in adherence to accounting systems and requirements.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or relevant subject.
- Preferred: Partly Professional accounting qualification from ICA, ACCA, CIMA.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in similar role.
- Problem solving orientation
- Understanding of accounting systems and standards
- Understanding the funding environment and donor requirements.
- Detailed and deadline driven
- Service orientation providing support to programme/project team members
- Ability to build consensus and work effectively within an international cross-departmental team.
How to apply
interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email
29th April, 2022.
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE