The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Administrative Assistant
Ref. No: IITA-P&C-NRS2023- 023
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitmrnt Type: National
Contract Duration: 2-year renewable contract
- Assist the Project Administrator and other senior project team members with day to day administrative processes and functions.
- Manage inventory of project vehicles, drivers and duty trips and ensure timely vehicle maintenance in collaboration with FMS.
- Raise and process purchase requisitions and follow up with Supply chain and finance to ensure delivery.
- Handle project enquiries and proactively engage with project team members to ensure that responses are provided in a timely manner.
- Facilitate organization of project events and travel by assisting with flight and hotel booking, travel authorization, visa requests, travel advances and expense claims.
- Implement project social media strategy, manage project social media accounts, and attend to requests from social media and other communication platforms.
- Maintain project staff records (Staff, consultants, students and interns) and assist with processing contracts and payments.
- Perform any other job-related duties that may be assigned by the project manager(s) or other senior project team members.
- B.Sc / HND in Business Administration, Public Administration or any other related field with a minimum of two (2) years experience performing a similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office packages, with demonstrated experience with setting up and providing support for online meetings using Zoom or MS Teams.
- Have excellent oral and writing communication skills in English.
- Be well organized, able to multitask and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Have a positive attitude, strong team spirit and excellent administrative service orientation.
- We offer highly competitive salaries with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd May, 2023.
- Interested applicants should complete the online application by attaching a detailed Cover Letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three (3) professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, Professional Colleague, and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Enter your email address below and get more Updates like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is FREE
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, and career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans, and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant to secure a job, loan, grant, or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are free of charge