First Bank of Nigeria Limited Recruitment Application Portal Now Open – Click Here to Apply: Let me guide yo on how you can apply for an ongoing recruitment exercise by First Bank of Nigeria to enable all interested and qualified persons to apply successfully using the application link portal in this article. All you need for a successful application are all contained in this article below
First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Category Manager
Job Objective (s)
- To develop and implement a category management approach and strategy in line with the Bank’s Procurement Strategy.
- To drive strategic category sourcing, procurement and internal stakeholder management activities in a bid to deliver total cost of ownership savings for procurement categories.
- To ensure efficient implementation of the Bank’s expenditure budget (CAPEX and OPEX) for category related procurement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement category management strategies utilizing an end-to-end value chain approach to increase market competitiveness and sustain ongoing category improvements
- Maintain deep category expertise through understanding and application of industry developments, marketplace trends, emerging technology, new techniques, leading practices, and shared experiences
- Plan category related procurement activities for the financial year and periodically review category spend to identify and pursue strategic sourcing and demand management opportunities
- Oversee execution of procurement purchases utilizing an end-to-end value chain approach
- Drive development of sustainable partnerships with strategic suppliers for procurement related categories
- Active involvement in the contractor / vendor pre-qualification process for approved category related projects
- Manage influence-able spend via demand management and flagging of maverick spend to ensure costs are managed properly under procurement related categories
- Ensure adherence to defined parameters for quality assurance of goods / services received as well as the escalation route for complaints / rejection
- Develop and implement appropriate reporting and monitoring mechanisms that clearly highlight cost savings achieved by category / supplier
- Support achievement of procurement performance objectives
- Support in analysis and preparation of Executive Management reports and Board papers on procurement spend, cost savings and ongoing projects as required
- Supervise and provide leadership direction for Category Specialists and Procurement Analysts
- Undertake any other responsibilities as requested by the Head of Department, in accordance with the scope and responsibilities of the role
- Ensure compliance to the Bank’s Procurement Policy for procurement categories and activities
- Develop and maintain a Category Sourcing Plan to coordinate sourcing and contract management activities
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to implement and monitor category sourcing and supply plan for the various categories to ensure appropriate alignment and customer satisfaction
- Lead cross-functional sourcing teams during sourcing events and negotiations for applicable categories to ensure best value with regard to pricing and quality
- Comply with the principles and policies in the Information Security Hand book of the Bank
- Prepare and review periodic reports of trend analysis for category spend
- Identify and drive implementation of procurement process improvements related to the category
- Develop impact assessments and analyses based on internal market forecasts and internal requirements, external bench marking studies and / or market trends including, but not limited to, future spend opportunities, category risks, and supplier sustainability
- Conduct periodic appraisal of supplier performance to validate ability of suppliers to meet defined standards and rate suppliers accordingly
- Minimum Education: A good first degree in any discipline from a reputable institution.
- Higher Degrees / Professional Certifications (an added advantage).
- Minimum experience: 8 years’ relevant experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 4th April, 2021.
- Payroll Support Registration
- N-Power Batch C Assessment
- Guaranteed Offtake Registration
- NYIF Application Portal
- Nigeria Youth Investment Fund
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here