PressOne Africa is currently seeking to recruit suitably qualified candidates for the position of a Software Engineer. Interested candidates should kindly follow the guidelines listed below to apply successfully.
PressOne Africa is an early-stage startup helping entrepreneurs retain their customers, through a centralised voice communication platform. We are on a mission to help entrepreneurs across Africa build more customer-centric businesses. With our business phone systems, entrepreneurs, no matter the size of their business, can handle customer communication like global brands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineer (Python)
Location: Lekki, Lagos
What we Expect from You
- Build our API infrastructure to scale.
- Work with team to make our services future-proof.
- Consistently seek to measure quality of our services and improve it.
- Take an obsessive interest in entrepreneurs, and the problem we are solving.
- Make sure every function or service is testable, automatically.
- Integrate with third party SaaS solutions. You will do this a lot.
- Talk to customers.
Who You Are
- You have three or more years building APIs.
- You are experienced with the Python programming language.
- You have an in-depth knowledge of OAuth.
- You love to accomplish something every day. You are intentional about how you spend your time.
- You think critically. You always seek a thorough understanding of fundamentals on any subject.
- You are collaborative. You are willing to go outside of your “space” so the team can win.
- You have an interest in how systems are built, whether machines or software.
- You are more interested in the problem than in the product. You are not just someone who learnt to write codes, you are a problem solver, an engineer.
Why you might not be excited about us:
- We are a startup and we mean it. We have identified a huge problem with customer communications among entrepreneurs and we are going to be focused on solving that problem for a while. If your priority for joining a startup is the fun stuff, then that’s not here. I mean, we do have fun, but to be honest, we work more.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions. You are going to be working with really smart people who are focused on the next goal. Most people won’t be cut out for such hard work.
- You should be comfortable with just a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day.
What You Get
Who we are, and What working with us is like:
- You get to work on something meaningful, something that actually gets shipped.
- You get to work with people who are great at what they do and treat you as an equal.
- Hybrid working model. Two days a week, at the office (Admiralty way, Lekki).
- We have raised a pre-seed round from reputable investors in the ecosystem.
- We are still a fairly young company with less than 10 people. So a lot has been accomplished by a small team.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven and works incredibly hard to push the mission forward.
- We offer health insurance, gym membership, dental and those standard stuff.
- A new computer. Whichever you want.
- Competitive pay (N400,000 – N450,000 monthly), plus stock options.
- We have a launched product with customers.
- This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day. You are expected to take full ownership of certain goals, and meet them.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Enter your email address below and get more Updates like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is FREE
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, and career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans, and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant to secure a job, loan, grant, or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are free of charge.