KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation Job Recruitment for a Laboratory Officer – This is to inform the general public about an ongoing job recruitment at KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation for the position of a Laboratory Officer. Interested persons should kindly apply below.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable TB control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Officer
Vacancy Number: KN62
- The Laboratory Officer will work in close collaboration with different States laboratory quality assurance officers in ensuring effective and quality laboratory services in selected LGAs.
- Hierarchically, the Laboratory Officer reports to the Programme Coordinator.
As a Laboratory Officer you will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical assistance to the Connectivity Project in improving the Laboratory systems as well as improving the use of laboratory related data for decision making.
- Support the development of TB laboratory strengthening/ strategic plans within the context of national laboratory strategies.
- Provide support and technical assistance to Truenate sample transport networks and implementing mechanisms.
- Builds capacity of facility staff through training and mentorship.
- Stay up-to-date on international and local developments in the field of TB policies reviewing relevant literature.
- Liaise with State Quality Assurance Officer in facilitating the functionality of the Truenat connectivity solution across supported labs.
- Serves as resource and technical support to personnel in Truenat connectivity issues.
- Participate in appropriate technical meetings.
- Provide high quality technical assistance to improve the implementation of the Truenat Connectivity project rollout in the country, including tracking and monitoring progress.
- Coordinate and supervise Connectivity Project supported laboratories to take initiatives to improve tuberculosis control through other TB Laboratory technologies.
- In collaboration with QA officer, LGATBLS and other relevant stakeholders, support assessment and supervision of lab services in all supported labs.
- Perform other additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidates must possess a Degree in the Medical Laboratory Sciences and related fields (an MPH would be an advantage).
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years working experience in TB and/or HIV programs.
- Candidates must have Experience as laboratory quality assurance officer or laboratory manager.
- Experience in working with: HIV & TB program; USAID projects or any development partner.
- Strong coordination, planning, and supervisory skills, willingness to travel across the country and if required at short notice.
- Competent with laboratory operational plan development, implementation and evaluation of results.
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to identify and develop relevant areas of work.
- A full-time (40 hours per week) short-term contract with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance.
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated.
How to apply
all interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV, including a Motivation Letter and 3 Professional References which must be indicated on their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- For more information, please contact us via: +234 (0)9030349255.
- We only consider applications that are received through the KNCV TB Foundation Nigeria recruitment email.
Interested candidates must apply before Friday; 10th June, 2022.
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE