Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) Recruitment 2022 for a Knowledge Management & Communication Officer – The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development is currently seeking competent professionals suitable for the position of a Knowledge Management & Communication Officer. Interested candidates should kindly follow the guidelines listed below to apply.
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) – Primarily funded by the Federal Government, the Ministry currently superintends almost fifty parastatals operating as either key departments or agencies across the country. The Ministry has 2 major departments namely Technical and Service Departments. Technical Departments: Agriculture (Trees and Crops), Fisheries, Livestock, Land Resources, Fertilizer, Food Reserve & Storage and Rural Development. Service Departments: Finance, Human Resources, Procurement, PPAS (Plan, Policy, Analysis & Statistics) and Co-operatives.
Job Title: Knowledge Management & Communication Officer
Location: Akure, Ondo
- The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD), in collaboration with International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFÀD) and the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), are implementing a Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprises in the Niger Delta states (LIFE-ND).
- To facilitate implementation of the project, the partners want qualified and competent personnel from the region to fill the position of Ondo State Knowledge Management and Communication Officer (SKMO).
- The Knowledge Management and Communications Officer (KMCO) will be responsible for coordinating project implementation at the state level.
- The Officer will work closely with the KMC Coordinator at the NPCO and the KMC Advisor at the Central Communications Unit in implementing MC activities.
- Manage the implementation of the KMC strategy of the project at the state level.
- Develop KMC activities for the annual work plan and budget (AWPB).
- Prepare an annual KMC plan of actions for enhancing institutional culture of learning and knowledge-sharing.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing events and policy dialogues among project stakeholders.
- Ensure that innovative experiences, learning and good practices are captured. Synthesized, documented and shared continuously within the project, within the relevant stakeholders.
- Play a leading role in knowledge capitalization, develop evidence based knowledge products and ensure wider dissemination.
- Establish information technology requirements for effective implementation of the KMC strategy using social media and internet tools.
- Plan and coordinate communication and advocacy campaigns through mass media, newsletters, stakeholder meetings, and other communication channels as appropriate.
- Assist in developing integrated information systems to enable M&E of project activities.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of the project’s KM strategy atthe state level.
- Contribute to the drafting of periodic project progress reports.
- Maintain updated cataloguing of the project’s knowledge assets/online resoujee materials.
- Develop and update project stakeholders contact list and mailing lists for dissemination of project knowledge products.
- Guide staff on information collection, processing, and information dissemination methods.
- Play a leading role in external relations, building relations with media and communications personnel, liaison and public relations.
- In close collaboration with the State M&E Officer, ensure results from various studies including quality management, reporting, and monitoring and evaluation are translated into evidence-based knowledge products.
- Undertake other KMC tasks as required.
Reporting and Location:
- The position is in Akure, Ondo State.
- The KMCO will report directly to the State Project Coordinator.
- Interested candidates should possess a Higher Level University Degree or equivalent in a field related to Communications, Journalism, Development or a related discipline.
- Minimum of three years of experience in information, knowledge management, and/or development communication, preferably in the agriculture and rural development sector. Experience in media relations, ICT and extension will be an advantage.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; experience of interacting with a variety of internal and external stakeholders,
- High degree of motivation, initiative, independence, reliability, adaptability, and professional maturity; and places a premium on “getting things done”.
- Strong project management and coordination skills; able to handle multiple tasks and balance priorities with various stakeholders
- Experience on media relations and experience with donors funded projects.
- Proven ability in documentation and advocacy; demonstrated capacity to develop and oversee implementation of documentation of programme results, presentations, communication and reporting skills.
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be for a period of two (2) years in the first instance, renewable subject to satisfactory performance acceptable to FGN/IFAD.
How to apply
interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications with detailed CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email
17th May, 2022.
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE