Curriculum Vitae (CV) also called Resume is an important document needed by all seeking for employment in any organization. There are standards required for writing a perfect CV for a job and for the position you are seeking for. This article contains guidelines on how to write a perfect CV that will earn you the job you are looking for.
The CV is well placed in a way that it will guide you properly to enable you earn the job.
CV is a document that contains all your details, data, educational background and other local and professional qualifications.
Personal Information to Include in a CV
- Marital status
- Number of children (ages optional)
- Personal interests like hobbies
- All education including high school / secondary school
- Photos are also recommended (a professional headshot is best)
What to include on a CV
Your CV should include the following:
- Contact information. Include your full name, address, phone number and email address.
- Academic history. List all schooling from high school through postdoctoral (if applicable). Include the title of the degree you earned, the year you graduated and the name of the school.
- Professional experience. Include the organization where you worked, the job title, the dates you were employed and a summary of your experience and achievements.
- Qualifications and skills. List a combination of hard and soft skills you’ve developed throughout your career.
- Awards and honors. For each award, add the name, year received, the organization that gave you the award and any pertinent details (such as how often it’s presented).
- Publications and presentations. For publications, provide a full citation including your co-authors, date, summary, volume, page, DOI number. For presentations, provide the title, date and venue where you presented.
- Professional associations. List the organization’s name, location or chapter and the dates of active membership.
- Grants and scholarships. Provide the name of the grant or scholarship, date awarded and the institution that provided the award.
- Licenses and certifications. Include the name of the license or certificate, the date you earned it and the institution that awarded it.
Sample of a Perfect CV
- Npower Recruitment 2020 Application Form & Portal Registration – Apply Now
- Eko Deals and Bargains Recruitment 2020 – Apply Now
- Female Customer Service Representative at SIMS Nigeria Limited – Apply Now
- Experienced Sales Channel Supervisors (Electrical Products) at Carlcare Development Nigeria Limited – 5 Openings
- Technical Services Manager at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
- Human Resource Team Lead at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL)
- Security Lead at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL)
- Tender Years Preparatory School (TYS) Recent Available Job Vacancy – See How to Apply
- Digital Sales Executive at BusinessDay Nigeria – See Job Recruitment Portal Here
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) Job Recruitment Portal Form – Apply Now
- British Council Nigeria Job Recruitment 2020 Application Form is out – Apply Now
- Chevening UK Government Scholarships Programme 2020/2021 for Study in the UK (Fully Funded)
- UNICEF recruitment for an Information Management Officer – See Job Recruitment Portal Here
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) recruitment for an Information Management Assistant – Apply Now
- Massive Recruitment in an Oil and Gas Company based in Port Harcourt – Apply Now
- United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) Recruitment
- WAAW Foundation 2020/2021 Scholarship Application Form for African Female Students.
- Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme 2020/2021 – Register Now
- Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited recruitment for a Research and Development Officer – Register Now
How you will be updated regularly
Kindly subscribe to the site using your Email address for FREE