World Health Organization (WHO) is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant job positions in their company. Interested candidates should kindly follow the job application guidelines below to apply successfully.
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Officer
Job No: 2208803
Schedule: Full Time
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): two years
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Objectives of the Programme
- To ensure that effective WHO Country presence is established to implement WHO Country Cooperation Strategies that are aligned with member States’ health agenda and harmonized with the United Nations country team.
- Under the overall guidance of the WHO Country Representative and direct supervision of the Operations officer, the incumbent supports the WHO Country Representative in ensuring efficient and effective management of the WHO Country Office.
- Specifically, the incumbent will: Oversee the WHO Country Representative’s office correspondence information flow: analyze information, identify priorities, initiate responses when appropriate and ensure requisite and timely follow up on actions, monitor progress, provide regular updates to WHO Country Representative.
- Edit correspondence as well as other documentation prepared for WHO Country Representative’s signature, ensuring compliance with rules, regulations and procedures and initiate responses, as appropriate.
- Assist the WHO Country Representative in liaising with clusters, states and zonal offices aswell as with government partners and international organizations, including the UN, etc., concerning the WHO Country Representative’s agenda.
- Support the organization of meetings, of Committees or Boards chaired by WR namely, Development Partners Group, GFATM Resource Mobilization Committee, UN Dispensary, UN Team Group on HIVIAIDS, among others. Keep updated records on all events/meetings and organize the reminder of the key actors.
- Create and update on monthly basis the master list of key activities of WCO that will include the events of partners that required WHO attention/participation and share it with the Cluster heads, technical and administrative officers.
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly and annual reports of the WCO activities by compiling the contributions and maintain the list of addresses for documentation sharing internally and externally.
- Coordinate the administrative services of the Country Representatives Office.
- Coordinate the services the WCO registry.
- Perform quality check functions on GSM transactions reassigned, or on request for the Country Representative’s approval.
- At the mandate of the Country Representative, Supervise and participate in meetings organized by various clusters at the WCO and assist in the production of reports for such meetings.
- Support the WHO Country Representative in the preparation of briefing documents/materials, papers and reports for use on official trips and meetings.
- Make travel arrangements for the WHO Country Representative, support in the travel claims and reports preparation.
- Attend meetings with the WHO Country Representative, whenever requested, prepare reports and ensure timely and efficient follow up on implementation of agreed actions.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Public or Business Administration, Economics, Social Sciences.
- Desirable: Post-graduate training in Management or Business Administration would be an added advantage.
- Essential: At least 1 year of relevant experience in efficiently and effectively managing the Office of an inter-governmental/international organization
- Desirable: Relevant experience involving the application of administrative and management principles and Practices within the United Nations system.
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments with efficiency, adhering to deadlines and emergency/shifting priorities
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with a confirmed ability to switch priorities at short notice, as and when required
- Ability to act independently and exercise mature judgment
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to enable effective interaction with staff and partners at all levels and with varying cultural backgrounds, as well as an ability to exercise tact and discretion at all times.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Knowing and managing yourself
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
- Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of Local Language.
- Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at NGN 15,350,976 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 10:59 PM: 10th October, 2022.
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters