World Bank Group is currently seeking to recruit a competent professional for an Investment Officer. Interested candidates should kindly follow the guidelines listed below to apply successfully.
The World Bank Group – Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investment Officer
Job #: req22329
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
- IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets.
- We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
- IFC has embarked on an ambitious growth strategy (IFC 3.0) to stimulate more investment activity, especially in Low Income Countries (LICs) and Fragile and Conflict affected Situations (FCS). This strategy calls for generating our own opportunities by proactively working “Upstream” to create, deepen, and expand markets and to imagine, design and implement investment projects.
- It requires taking a systematic approach to understanding the regulatory and sector bottlenecks that prevent the flow of private capital into productive investment in our member countries, and addressing these bottlenecks through World Bank Group engagement on policy reforms and programmatic interventions at the country and sector level.
- It also requires capacity to leverage WBG programs and projects to develop our own proactive sector interventions and to imagine and design projects even in the absence of reforms.
- IFC is seeking an Investment Officer to join the Infrastructure Upstream team to be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- The selected candidate will focus on supporting the development of a high-quality Upstream pipeline in the Africa region.
- S/he will also support the identification of possible regulatory or policy obstacles that may be considered for other interventions across the World Bank Group to prioritize various initiatives and to maximize the impact of Upstream efforts.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Support the identification and assessment of Upstream opportunities based on country and sector strategies and market creation potential.
- Contribute to the development of feasibility studies and implementation plans for Upstream projects that lead to IFC investments.
- Produce regular reports on the assigned Upstream portfolio including monitoring progress against project milestones and KPIs.
- Contribute to sector-specific data analysis and stress-testing of various operating models to help generate ideas for new projects, new products and platform businesses.
- Assist in designing and implementing scalable solutions and platforms similar to “Scaling Solar” that can be replicated across markets.
- Help spot game-changing trends, technologies and business models that can bring solutions to emerging markets.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent professional qualification in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, International Relations, Science, Engineering or other relevant field, in each case with a significant level of finance content.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in project and/or program development, hands-on advisory and/or consulting functions in emerging markets, ideally in the infrastructure space.
- Capacity to innovate and challenge the status quo and experience in new idea generation, business development, and creating projects/programs from scratch.
- Experience in project/program management, including executing against implementation plans with defined business development milestones.
- Experience in monitoring and reporting on a portfolio of projects/programs/initiatives.
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English required; French, Portuguese and/or Arabic desirable.
- Familiarity with the Africa region, including hands-on work across different countries in the region.
- Genuine commitment to development and to the World Bank Group and IFC’s mission, strategy and values.
- Understanding of IFC’s strategic priorities and changing business model against the backdrop of IFC 3.0.
- Understanding of the relevant sector and ability to link policy reforms, advisory interventions, investment, and mobilization to deliver solutions at a country level via the Cascade approach.
- Ability to engage with private sector clients, local and national governments and other stakeholders to encourage pioneering business and market development.
- Required Language(s): English
- Preferred Language(s): French, Portuguese, Arabic
- The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 2nd May, 2023; 11:59pm UTC.
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories
Enter your email address below and get more Updates like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is FREE
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, and career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans, and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant to secure a job, loan, grant, or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are free of charge.