United Nations World Food Programme Recruitment – Applications are invited from suitable and qualified candidates for the position of Programme Policy Officer. Interested persons should read the requirements and apply below.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Policy Officer
Requisition ID: 667751
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- To lead where required as well as provide support to policy and programme activities towards the delivery of effective and efficient monthly food assistance to vulnerable people within various WFP intervention locations.
Within delegated authority and in close coordination with Programme, Finance, Supply Chain and IT, the Programme Officer, NOB will be responsible for the following duties:
- Support the implementation of monthly assistance for WFP Core activity areas using appropriate modality while ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidance.
- Provide project management support to WFP Activity areas including distribution planning and troubleshooting of potential challenges.
- Ensuring that all WINGS, ITS, COMET, LESS and SCOPE procedures including FRNs are timely completed for all distribution cycles.
- Support the onboarding and management of cooperating partners; ensure their timely and quality reporting, invoicing and follow up on their payments.
- Monitor/supervise financial service providers (FSPs) and Contracted retailers to ensure they comply with the established contractual agreement terms and conditions in implementing WFP activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programme activities including reconciliation of monthly transfers/food distributions.
- Liaise with internal and external counterparts to ensure effective collaboration in Programme implementation and monitoring, identifying potential risks and their mitigation measures.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to prepare for and respond to food assistance needs, e.g. through providing inputs into training materials.
- Provide field level operational support including planning, field monitoring, participating in assessments, analysis of assessments findings to inform management decision for appropriate intervention design, setup, delivery, and closure.
- Perform any other tasks as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Advanced University Degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition / Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Desired Experiences for Entry into the Role:
- Has deepened technical knowledge through exposure to technical teams.
- Has taken leadership of implementing programmes.
- Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
12th April, 2023; 11:59pm (GMT+1).
Enter your email address below and get more Updates like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is FREE
Like our Facebook page for direct updates
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, and career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans, and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant to secure a job, loan, grant, or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are free of charge.
Leave a Reply