United Nations World Food Programme Job Recruitment 2021/2022 – This is to inform the general public that United Nations World Food Programme is recruiting interested and qualified candidates to fill the vacant job positions in their organization. Interested candidates should kindly follow the job application guidelines.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Partnerships Officer – SC9
Requisition ID: 145862
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Government engagement,
- Developing a strategy for government engagement across all levels,
- Initiating stakeholder mapping and developing a layered strategy to gain meaningful and well-paced momentum
- Identifying and pursing key opportunities based on national priorities; and roll-out of WFP Nigeria Country Strategic Plan (CSP).
- Providing substantial value to WFP’s effective positioning with public, private and external partners to attract policy support, resources, technical assistance
- Paying particular attention to innovative solutions to advance the work of WFP in Nigeria while supporting the Programme in the achievement of the SDGs and Zero Hunger and emphasizing WFP’s contributions in this regard.
- Implement the work plan for an assigned area to enable WFP Nigeria to identify, develop and strengthen quality government partnerships in support of its strategic objectives.
- Proactively contribute to a partnerships strategy with the Nigeria government, including partner profiling, data/trends analysis and outreach activities, with the aim to maximize resources and leverage policy and technical support for WFP’s operations on Nigeria.
- Ensure partner visibility and that partner conditions are met.
- Use data to propose options to the managers to expand support from existing partners and to scope new partners, guided by programmatic assessment and context-specific analysis, with the aim to enhance the impact of WFP’s work and diversify the resource base.
- Gather and share partner intelligence (including forecasting), using key information systems (e.g. WINGS, WFPGo etc).
- In the context of the UN system and multilateral fora, support the development of partnerships and joint events with key partners, civil society and intergovernmental organizations to advocate for the SDGs and Zero Hunger within WFP Nigeria CSP context.
- Provide inputs to partnerships strategies, including the development of Partnership Action Plans as required.
- Facilitate WFP Nigeria corporate dialogue with partners through networking and information sharing;
- Proactively highlight strategic issues to senior managers and propose options for the best course of action to nurture trust and partnership growth.
- Draw up quality partner proposals and reports by engaging with other WFP entities and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the preparation of strategic agreements, joint strategies and MOUs in order to promote the SDGs and Zero Hunger on the national, regional and global agenda and to reach advantageous outcomes for WFP.
- Solicit inputs from other functional entities within the CO on programmatic areas that require partnering approach with the government and conduct quality mapping and analysis
- Draft quality briefs in support of outreach opportunities with partners
- Gather socio-political insights to support WFP’s effective positioning vis-à-vis national governments, with the aim to influence the policy agenda.
- Candidates must possess the minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, International Development, Development Economics, International Relations, Law, Marketing, and Communication or other relevant field, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- 3+ years of relevant professional work experience.
- Interested candidates are required to have a basic understanding of government and corporate strategies and priorities and experience in developing multi-stakeholder partnerships.
- Specifically have a clear understanding of the Nigeria National context and a good knowledge of government operations
- Has gained experience in using technology and digital tools for data collection, analysis and shared data-based insights to add value to all partnerships.
- Has supported creation of external communications and briefing materials.
- Has provided advanced technical support and identified opportunities for service delivery excellence to strengthen partnerships.
- Has motivated team spirit and contributed to a gender-balanced, inclusive and sound working environment.
- Has explored new partnership opportunities, provided inputs into developing solutions with prospective partners and explored new areas to scale-up existing activities.
- Has designed and managed resource mobilization processes and resource strategies, negotiated contract terms and provided resourcing advice to seniors.
- National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
- Payroll Support Registration
- N-Power Batch C Assessment
- Guaranteed Offtake Registration
- NYIF Application Portal
- Nigeria Youth Investment Fund
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here