United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Recruitment – Applications are invited from suitable and qualified candidates for the position of National Project Officer (Education). Interested persons should read the requirements and apply below.
The United Nations is the one international organization with the reach and vision capable of solving global problems. The United Nations Foundation links the UN’s work with others around the world, mobilizing the energy and expertise of business and non-governmental organizations to help the UN tackle issues including climate change, global health, peace and security, women’s empowerment, poverty eradication, energy access, and U.S.-UN relations.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: National Project Officer (Education)
Post Number: 6NGED0006PA
Grade : NO-C
Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Job Family: Education
Type of contract: Project Appointment
Duration of contract: 1 year
Recruitment open to: Internal and external candidates
Overview of the Functions of the Post
- The position falls under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General for Education, the immediate authority of the Office Director in Abuja and the direct supervision of the Senior Programme Specialist for Education in the Abuja Office in consultation with the Regional Advisor for Health and Welfare Education in Dakar.
- The incumbent will be responsible for providing technical expertise and contributing to the effective management, planning, implementation and monitoring of health and welfare education programmes, including responses to school-related gender-based violence (SRGBV), early and unintended pregnancy (EUP) and HIV.
- The National Project Officer will support the implementation of the Our Rights, Our Lives, Our Future (O3) programme in Nigeria, a Programme Acceleration Country. O3 aims to improve sexual and reproductive health, gender and education outcomes for adolescents and young people in sub-Saharan Africa. It supports the delivery of comprehensive, high quality education and information programmes in Nigeria that empower adolescents and young people while developing the skills, knowledge and attitudes required to prevent HIV, reduce EUP and eliminate gender-based violence.
- Specifically, the incumbent will contribute to securing and sustaining strong political commitment to adolescent and youth access to health education and sexual and reproductive health services in Gabon, support the provision of quality, rights-based health education, safer, healthier and more inclusive schools for all young people, and strengthen the evidence base on health education and wellbeing.
- Identify opportunities for UNESCO to participate in policy and programme development to implement the UNESCO Strategy on Education for Health and Well-Being, national health strategies, including in line with the UNAIDS division of labour.
- Support the timely implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the programme and reporting on UNESCO’s work in education for health and well-being.
- Facilitate the provision of technical support to the Ministry of Education and other national partners.
- Contribute to advocacy efforts in Nigeria to advance the use of evidence and strengthen joint UN and country responses to HIV and AIDS, MSTVs and FNMs.
- Represent UNESCO in appropriate coordination frameworks, such as joint UN teams on AIDS, inter-agency meetings, local education groups, and thematic meetings.
- Support UNESCO programming in collaboration with other staff working on Education for Health and Wellbeing, with a particular focus on interventions to support national efforts to prevent HIV and respond to SRGBV and EUP.
Competencies (Core / Managerial):
- Communication (C)
- Accountability (C)
- Innovation (C)
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
- Planning and organizing (C)
- Results focus (C)
- Teamwork (C)
- Professionalism (C)
Qualifications and Requirements
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or equivalent) in a relevant field, including Education, Social Sciences or Public Health.
- Minimum four years of relevant work experience in areas related to sexual and reproductive health and education.
- Experience in project management in the fields of education or health.
- Experience in implementing projects and programmes in partnership with government and civil society partners.
- Experience in resource mobilisation.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to manage budgets, participate in monitoring and evaluation and report on implementation.
- Credibility, confidence, tact and diplomacy in networking.
- Good representational skills and ability to develop partnerships with a wide range of partners (including relevant ministries, UNAIDS Cosponsors, donors and civil society).
- Good understanding of the country, development work and the education sector.
- High level technical writing skills in HIV prevention, health education, sexual and reproductive health, or GBV response, related to UNESCO’s Strategy on Education for Health and Well-Being.
- Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written).
- Experience in sexual and reproductive health, sexuality education or responding to gender-based violence (including in schools).
- Good knowledge of French.
Benefits and Entitlements
- UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
- The approximated starting annual salary for this position is USD 48,829.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
4th March, 2023.
- UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
- Duration of initial contract is 1 year with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
- Only nationals of Nigeria will be considered for this position.
- Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information.
- The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
- UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
- Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided
Enter your email address below and get more Updates like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is FREE
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, and career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans, and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant to secure a job, loan, grant, or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters