Unilever Nigeria Plc Recruitment – Applications are invited from suitable and qualified candidates for the position of Procurement Accountant. Interested persons should read the requirements and apply below.
Unilever Nigeria Plc – Welcome to Unilever, a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products everyday!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Accountant, West Africa
Job ID: R-62267
Employment Type: Full-time
Main Job Purposes
- The Procurement Accountant, WA is a member of the West Africa Finance Excellence Team and will play a key role in material performance management.
- As engine of the business, the role takes responsibility for end-to-end material financial forecast process and champions procurement value creation alignment with the needs of the various markets to meet the West Africa profitability agenda.
- The Finance Excellence Team works above the market (as a regional team)
- We have 3 management entities forming the West Africa business unit (Nigeria, Ghana and Francophone Africa, with base in Cote d’Ivoire).
- The FET is responsible for business performance, budget and forecast across all 3 markets.
Our team purpose:
- To be an agile, tech savvy and trusted business partner
- Leveraging business acumen, data insight and influencing skill to make the right decisions.
- To elevate business performance and business outcomes.
Procurement Cycle Forecast:
- Champion price update from Procurement to be considered for the cycle (contract price, landing price, FX, reflection of replenishment or consumption price decision)
- Drive price variance commentary from procurement and planning between forecast cycle and year-on-year
- Support Central (offshore) material costing – to be updated quarterly
- Data cost hygiene review and correct interface; check for material standard cost estimation in SAP.
S&OP and Financial Forecast cash up:
- Ensure correct interface of procurement cycle forecast PCE in cash up ERP Oracle GCUT
- Material cost input for country material adjustment (CMA)
- Prepare and share along with S&OP financial deck material cost assumption – opportunities and risk areas in the forecast (ARO), variance current forecast vs Previous and prior year.
- Reflect latest appropriate price for key materials in Forecast, where advised due to material change in price and FX.
Month end closing and performance management:
- Identify top pareto material across all market.
- Top material cost monitoring and reporting, cost accuracy and performance review across WA
- Overall material cost performance actual vs forecast commentary.
Control and governance:
- Purchase price variance (PPV ) monthly review, governance and control framework compliance (GFCF & E-GRC)
- Overall GFCF material price related compliance (MTD C4.4; MTD C1.7; MTD C1.9; MTD C7.1)
- Business partnering and value moment.
- Monthly material savings review and performance tracking (SRS saving reporting system)
- Risk and opportunity analysis and business update
- Business and procurement update on material movement year on year and cycle vs cycle NMI/NMCI/FX/Saving/CMA.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University graduate
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in Performance Management/ Management Accounting
- Strong Excel and financial Modelling skills (PowerBI dashboard developing will be a plus)
- Professional accounting qualifications (CPA/ACCA/CIMA)
- To be Fluent in English (French will be a plus).
- Experiencing working with SAP, Oracle PBCS GCUT or similar accounting software
- Experience in FP&A, Factory Accounting, Supply Chain Finance
- Storytelling, data visualising and presentation skills
- WA Procurement Function (Procurement Director and Manager)
- Central Africa Finance Procurement
- WA SCF Managers and Material Cost Controller
- WA Categories and Finance Business Partners
- WA FET Forecast & Performance Lead
- FET Head, WA.
- Have passion for high performance and ability to drive business performance using insight to drive decision.
- Have strong process design and optimisation skills , being able to design and re-engineer core process flows with effective control.
- Have demonstrated stakeholders’ management skills to ensure maintaining great relation with people having impact and interest in your job
- have ability to clearly prioritise work for effective job delivery.
- Have effective communication skills enabling to produce creative, compelling content that engages the audience to make impact and influence.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply