The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos State is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registered Nurse
Announcement Number: Lagos-2020-039
Series/Grade: LE – 0510 9
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-9
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- Summary: The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM – FP is 5/1. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.:
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Function of the Position: The incumbent serves as the post’s nurse with responsibilities that include the medical care of Mission employees and eligible family members under MED approved clinical guidelines, as well as maintenance and inventory of all medical equipment and supplies.
- S/he implements a robust vaccination program, administration of group and individual health education programs, and medical emergency contingency planning for the Mission.
- S/he works in the Medical Unit under the direct supervision of the Regional Medical Officer (RMO) or Medical Provider (MP).
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Degree (RN Level) in Nursing or Diploma/Certificate equivalent from an accredited School of Nursing. Must possess and maintain a valid nursing license or a current unrestricted Registered Nursing license from the host nation, country of origin, or the U.S.
- Minimum of two (2) years of post-qualification work as a professional nurse is required.
- The incumbent must possess critical-thinking skills and comprehend the established policies and procedures regarding medical evacuations, hospitalizations and insurance reimbursement methodology.
- Must maintain current knowledge of local and regional medical services that can provide care for all acuity levels, including vetted specialists and hospitals. Is a resource for arranging the best method to transport critically ill patients and maintains a working relationship with transport facilities.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Good working knowledge in English Language is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- The position requires strong interpersonal skills and a client-oriented disposition capable of dealing with a complexity interactive challenges in difficult and emotional situations.
- Must have a solid working knowledge of MED’s RN Clinical Practice Guidelines and be familiar with American Nursing Standards of Care.
- Must be able to perform basic word processing on computer.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits: Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- NGN 10,790,540 / USD $47,148 annually.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree (not transcript)
- Certificate or License
For EFMs, in addition to the above:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria.
- For More Info: HR Section 09-461-4000 HRNigeria@state.gov
Application Deadline 19th August, 2020.
- U.S. Mission Job Recruitment 2020/2021 | Job Vacancy – Apply Now
- Travel Coordinator at U.S. Consulate General, Lagos
- HVAC Mechanics at the U.S. Mission in Nigeria – 2 Openings
- Chauffeur at the U.S. Mission in Nigeria – 2 Openings
- Nigeria U.S. Embassy Recruitment for a Community Liaison Office Assistant (CLO Assistant) – Steps to Apply
- Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) Recruitment 2020 Application Form Portal | www.premiere-urgence.org
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Click here and add your email, to get Latest recruitment updates
How to get latest jobs update: Enter your email address to subscribe to this site and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Also make use of our share button below: to inform your friends, families via Facebook, Twitter, pinterest, Linkedin, Tumblr, Google+ etc.
Leave a Reply