Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant job positions in their company. Interested candidates should kindly follow the job application guidelines below to apply successfully.
Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group is an international investment and holding company with over three decades in building sustainable businesses in fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), agriculture, agro-allied, healthcare, chemicals, real estate and oil and gas in 12 countries including Nigeria, Ghana, Republic of Benin, Morocco, UAE, India, South Africa, China etc. with an over 9,000 multicultural workforce.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Legal Manager
Location: Office-based, Lagos
Job Type: Permanent
Reports to: Legal Manager
Internally Relates with: All employees
Externally Relates with: Certification Auditors, External lawyers, Agencies. Vendors.
Travel: 0% – 30%
- Support periodic compliance audits of group companies.
- Render support on all legal and secretarial needs of the company.
- Assist in the development of guidelines, policies, and procedures for the department/company.
- Draft, analyze and review legal agreements, legislation and documents for the company and all its organs.
- Provide legal support for heads of departments and units.
- Prepare periodic reports for department consideration.
- Monitor compliance with all legal requirements, including contractual and commercial law, health and safety law, environmental law, labour law etc..
- Monitor, assess ongoing cases and execute the best course of action.
- Serve on committees or special project vehicles of the company as may be directed by the group head legal.
- Conduct appropriate research for legal cases- the legitimacy of asset deals, lawsuits and investigations.
- Keep track of new updates in corporate and business law.
- Support team leaders in negotiations for contracts with third parties.
- Assist with company secretarial and administrative duties.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidates must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Law.
- Minimum of 7 years post-call experience, at least 2 of which must have been in a top law firm in Nigeria or Common Law country or the In house legal department of a large business organization, preferably in a manufacturing environment or FMCG.
- Must have generalist knowledge of all aspects of commercial and cooperate law.
- Ability to work independently with minimal support/supervision.
- Superior oral and written communications.
- Meticulous forensic abilities.
- Ability to produce and review quality legal drafts. Ability to work under pressure and respond to situations with speed and efficiency. Ability to work well with various business functions across different topics.
- Negotiable with standard benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
14th August, 2022.
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters