Tongston Entrepreneurship Holdings Job Recruitment 2022-The Tongston Entrepreneurship is recruiting candidates suitable for the position of a IT Consultant. Interested candidate should follow the descriptions below to apply.
Tongston is a pan-African group of companies connecting entrepreneurship and education through finance, media, consulting and training. Tongston, with special focus on secondary education, partners with educators, parents, students, profit and non-profit enterprises, social influencers, investors and government, whilst leveraging on media, learning and finance, to transform secondary schools into entrepreneurship institutes, secondary teachers to entrepreneurial educators and secondary students to entrepreneurial learners.
Tongston is structured as a holding company, Tongston Entrepreneurship Holdings, together the “Tongston Group” with 4 subsidiary entities: Tongston Entrepreneurship College (Tongston College): A business secondary school, Tongston Entrepreneurial Teachers Hub (Tongston Institute): An educator training centre, Tongston Entrepreneurship Ventures (Tongston Ventures): A venture capital & private equity firm and Tongston Entrepreneurship Media (Tongston Media): A multimedia production company.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Consultant – Data Scientist
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- Tongston is seeking consultants to work in the IT team of Tongston Group.
- It is an opportunity to be a self directed life long learner applying technology skills and knowledge into tackling real life entrepreneurial challenges for Tongston Group.
- IT is at the heart of everything we do at Tongston. Joining us will mean being challenged to explore and be a part of driving the application of technology in Education, HR, Admin, Media, Finance, Legal, Business Development, Stakeholder Management, Data, Economics & Research amongst several other fields within the Tongston Group.
- Whether it is working on Tongstons cryptocurrency, to integrating project management and CRM platforms, to digitizing certification, to creating comprehensive Learning Management Systems with Alumni networks for life long learning and continuous application of learning, to hosting virtual expos and summits, to setting up digital libraries, to digitizing data analytics, to integrating all our product and service offerings in a single platform as a one stop shop, you are expected to undertake tasks assigned by the Team Lead working with teams across different fields of expertise, in love upcoming or ongoing projects.
- Performing explanatory data analyses, generating and testing working hypotheses, preparing and analyzing historical data and identifying patterns
- Working with the research and economics team to develop new techniques to analyze and interpret data from documents using standard statistical tools
- Identifying and correcting mistakes and inconsistencies in abstracted data
- Analyzing and modeling structured data using advanced statistical methods, algorithms and software needed to perform analyses
- Conducting project work and tests that help make informed product decisions
- Developing comprehensive knowledge of the company’s data structures and metrics, advocating change where needed for product development
- Building data architecture
- Assisting with the design, development, testing, and deployment of Machine Learning (ML) models and ML-backed product offerings
- Candidate must possess a Degree in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Econometrics, Business Analytics, or Market Research.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Strong foundation in Mathematics and Statistics
- Proficiency with data wrangling, visualization and modeling in either R or Python is required
- Proficiency inone or more database technologies, including SQL and other relational databases, no-SQL, and Time Series databasesSQL is a plus
Not mandatory but useful:
- Experience of extracting insights from large and sophisticated datasets using SQL and Python
- Expertise in time series analysis and anomaly detection
- Strong interactive data visualisation skills using Plotly, Dash etc.
- Experience with Git and modern software development workflow is a plus
- Experience in using statistical programming languages / packages (in particular Python – knowledge of R and/or Stata would be desirable)
- Project management experience through a project management life cycle
- Experience working with mobile working solutions
- Experience of Business process Improvement aligned to support IT implementation
- Applicant can work from anywhere around the world
- Applicant must not be enrolled in full time employment elsewhere
- Applicant must be good access to internet facilities to support remote work if applicant is outside of Abuja – Nigeria
- Good understanding of server & desktop hardware / operating systems, networks, firewalls and load balancers, telecoms, etc.
- Cross functional Knowledge
- Familiarity with data modelling, including regression models
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server
- Good knowledge of Networking technologies and concepts
- Familiarity managing some enterprise-class business applications such as: Enterprise resource planning, Human resources management SharePoint, information technology service management, Customer relationship management systems, Content management, document management systems
- Good understanding of IT security and Data protection
- Good understanding of Cloud and mobile technology
- Possess strong mathematical skills
- Excellent Organization Skills
- Excellent Time Management and prioritization Skills
- Resourceful, troubleshooting aptitude while being result-oriented
- A probing and analytical approach with the ability to pre-empt potential problems and identify inefficiencies. Ability to find creative solutions to user needs and problems
- Open to learning
- Excellent proactive team work skills
- Ability to apply knowledge gained in computer science or computer engineering or software engineering courses to real-world challenges
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate across a broad spectrum of users
- Ability to manage through organizational change
- Strong self management capabilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to explain and simplify complex technical topics to non-technical audiences
- A high level of drive and the ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to liaise with both internal customers and external companies at all levels in an efficient manner
- Fluency in English.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE