Synapse Service Limited Recruitment 2022 Clinical Psychologist – Synapse Service Limited is currently recruiting competent professionals for a Clinical Psychologist. Interested candidates should kindly follow the descriptions listed below to apply.
Synapse Services is a Centre for Psychological Medicine that is committed to providing a full range of mental health and substance misuse services in a caring, patient- centred environment. We are located in the heart of Nigeria – Abuja, with branches in Lagos, and Anambra state. We provide first class psychological and psychiatric care, with a range of therapeutic programs suited to individual needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Psychologist
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- Provide psychological assessment and consultation services
- Diagnose psychological, emotional or behavioural disorders of patients and develop treatment plan
- Provide therapy to groups and individuals
- Prospect for new clients by networking, and using other acceptable means of generating interest from potential clients and ultimately converting them into clients.
- Develop and implement individual treatment plan for different age groups (children inclusive)
- Identify innovative tactics, corresponding business plans and sustainable operations to drive revenue and volume growth with a bid to grow business.
- Work with multidisciplinary team alongside doctors, nurses and social workers, psychiatrists and occupational therapists
- Facilitate diverse group therapeutic sessions
- Counsel individuals and groups regarding problems such as stress, substance abuse, and family situations, in order to modify behaviour.
- Modify treatment activities or approaches as needed to comply with changes in clients’ status
- Guide clients in the development of their skills or strategies for dealing with their problems
- Have an understanding of Bio Psychosocial Approach for assessment and treatment plan for every patient.
- Select, administer, score, and interpret psychological tests in order to obtain information on individuals’ intelligence, achievements, interests, and personalities
- Be conversant with different treatment methods like cognitive behavioural therapy, dialectic behavioural therapy, talk therapy, person cantered therapy etc.
- Be conversant with the electronic medical record system for proper documentation of progress notes and treatment plan.
- Evaluate clients’ physical or mental condition based on review of client information
- Collaborate with other staff members to perform clinical assessments or develop treatment plans
- Refer patients, clients or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary
- Act as client advocates to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations
- Coordinate family inclusive therapy to assist them in understanding, dealing with or supporting patients
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counselling programs on clients’ progress in resolving identified problems and moving towards defined objectives
- Meet with families, probation officers, police or other interested parties to exchange necessary information during the treatment process
- Plan, organize or lead structured programs of counselling, work, study, recreation or social activities for clients
- Plan or conduct programs to prevent substance abuse or improve community health or counselling services
- Psycho educate client on the importance of medication compliance.
- Learn about new developments in counselling by reading professional literature, attending courses and seminars or establishing and maintain contact with other social services agencies
- Gather information about community mental health needs or resources that could be used in conjunction with therapy
- Have an understanding of neuron developmental pathways, how to diagnose, carry out assessments and draw up appropriate treatment plan to meet specific needs.
- Ensure that after discharge client is transferred to a robust aftercare plan for proper follow up and management.
- Candidates should possess a Master’s Degree qualification with at least 1 year work experience.
Application Closing Date
18th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Clinical Psychologist – PH” as the subject of the email.
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE