Street Child of Nigeria Recruitment 2022/2023 – The Street Child of Nigeria is recruiting candidates suitable for the vacant positions in their organization. Interested candidates should kindly follow the descriptions listed below to apply.
Street Child is a UK charity, established in 2008, that aims to create educational opportunity for some of the world’s most vulnerable children. Street Child began its work in Sierra Leone in 2008 working with a small number of street children, eight years later we have helped to transform the lives of more than 50,000 children across Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nepal. In 2017, we launched our first project in Nigeria helping children impacted by conflict in the North East to access education.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Programme Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno with frequent travel within Nigeria
Contract Type: 12 – 24 months fixed term contract, full-time
Reporting to: Head of Programmes
- The Programme Coordinator will focus on the management of the Northeast programme portfolio, ensuring alignment with global and national strategy and mission.
- Supporting the Department and Programme Managers, he/she will ensure quality and compliance in programmes planning, delivering & management towards timely achievements of outcome indicators.
- Based on context, needs, gaps, capacity and opportunities, he/she will contribute to build longlasting and healthy relationship with donors and developing new proposals.
- The ideal candidate would have a good background in humanitarian context used to work with multiple donor and budgets.
- The successful candidate will also have proven coaching, teamwork and communication skills, and excellent leadership ability. Analytical thinking and the capacity to research innovative intervention methods, as well as creativity and flexibility are also expected.
- The person should prove his/her capacity to build strong network and relationship with donors, government and other stakeholders.
- Work with Programme & Project Managers to ensure timely and quality delivery of activities in line with workplan, M&E framework and expenditure plan
- Lead on programme reviews with managers to ensure consistency and integration across programmes
- Conduct regular programmes monitoring to identify opportunity for programme enhancement and ensure alignment with programme objectives
- Identifying areas of improvement of programmes with integration of new trends, knowledge aligned with needs and gaps that might arise during implementation
- Oversee the process for timely quality programme reports in line with donor requirements.
- Build and maintain good relationships with UN, clusters and government agencies in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
- Coordinate across projects within the country programme to ensure efficiency, value for money and integration.
- Work with M&E manager to ensure an effective M&E framework with timely submission of accurate project data, assessments and reports. Build a strong feedback and communication loop with project teams to inform project decision making.
- Work with Operations Manager to ensure procurement and logistics support are in line with project plans.
- Support proposal development ensuring use of participatory methodologies
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in International Development, Human Rights or related field
- Demonstratable experience in a program management position with progressive responsibilities for an international NGO.
- Proved experience in grants management for large and complex programmes, including project design, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, etc., for projects funded by multiple public donors with relevant budgets.
- Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships.
- Staff management experience
- Experience coaching and mentoring senior program staff.
- Ability to provide technical leadership &/ strategic direction.
- Previous experience in Humanitarian Response
- Education background.
- Excellent spoken and written English skills.
- Ability to effectively represent the Agency in a variety of public and private forums.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills.
- Ability to positively influence others and successfully reconcile differences.
- A self-starter with a strong results orientation and with high levels of integrity, credibility and dependability.
- An energetic team player who can effectively collaborate, and who can stand alone when necessary.
- Ability to work in international settings and with various departments to implement successful approaches to Education.
- Demonstrated ability to work and deliver independently and under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Position open for national and international staff.
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Manager, EFECT Programme
Location: Abuja or Maiduguri – Borno, with frequent travel across
Sierra Leone & Liberia
Contract Length: Two years Fixed term contract
Contract Type: Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Reporting to: Programme Manager, EFECT Programme
- We are seeking an outstanding MEAL Manager for an exciting new $12.8m programme which will be implemented across Sierra Leone, Liberia and North-East Nigeria.
- The Education For Every Child Today (EFECT) programme will enable 96,000 children to access education over the next 4 years.
- The MEAL Manager will lead the development and implementation of effective MEAL processes across all 3 contexts, working in close collaboration with the leadership and MEAL teams of Street Child’s excellent national partners. This role reports to the EFECT Programme Manager, with specialist support from the Global Advisory Team.
- The key objective of this role is to lead the development and implementation of strong monitoring, evaluation and learning processes across the EFECT programme.
- The role will work in close collaboration with country/partner MEAL teams to adopt, adapt and contextualise tools, and coordinate collection, cleaning, and analysis at the cross-country level. The successful applicant will work to strengthen the MEAL capacity of our national partners and will co-ordinate between country teams to ensure data flows into programme adaptation and effective donor reporting.
- Lead on MEAL across the EFECT programme, liaising with Street Child and partner MEAL staff and global advisory teams
- Develop, implement and adapt the EFECT programme MEAL framework, including tool design & rollout
- Lead the design and implementation of baseline, midline, endline assessments and annual reviews
- Provide strong support to EFECT programme staff and partners on data collection, cleaning and analysis at the cross-country level
- Generate regular and consistent evidence, ensuring this is disseminated and incorporated into programme adaptation
- Work with country teams and partners to create a strong learning culture and support a joined -up approach to data management and sharing
- Work closely with the EFECT Programme Manager to meet internal and external reporting requirements
- Conduct comprehensive site-assessments to assure the integrity and quality of programme data.
- Conduct coaching and mentoring of country and partner MEAL teams and provide training, guidance and advice to Street Child and partner programmes staff to ensure effective use of tools
- Collaborate closely with country leadership teams to identify MEAL capacity gaps within the local partners
- Directly support local partner programme leads to enhance their MEAL skills and abilities.
- Oversight of EFECT inception & programme review in Nigeria
- Support EFECT narrative and financial reporting for Nigeria
- Support proposal development for EFECT match funding for Nigeria
- Management of Nigeria EFECT programme manager (tbc).
- A strong commitment to Street Childs vision, mission and values
- Adhere to all Street Child’s policies and procedures
- Represent Street Child appropriately both internally and externally
- Carry out all reasonable requests that are within the broad remit of the role
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in International Development or related field; or attendance at specific relevant training courses in MEAL.
- Relevant field experience of development programming, with a commitment to and respect for local partnership.
- Demonstrable experience developing/delivering MEAL approaches, including logical frameworks and ToC
- Experience of MEAL tool design, delivery and training.
- Experience of data collection, cleaning and analysis.
- Demonstrable experience of grant management.
- Relevant experience of working in support of local partners
- Demonstrable experience of capacity building with national staff
- Demonstrable experience of donor reporting.
- Strong working knowledge of education, child protection and livelihoods approaches
- Strong working knowledge of the Sierra Leone, Liberia or Northeast Nigeria context.
- Excellent understanding of current MEAL approaches and an ability to develop MEAL systems
- Ability to analyses and evaluate data to produce learnings
- Ability to skilfully balance independent working with wider teamwork with both UK and international teams
- Proven coaching/capacity building skills
- Excellent written and spoken communications in English (additional languages welcome)
- A ‘can-do’, and agile attitude, a passion for problem solving and adaptive thinking.
Job Title: Country Director
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Street Child has a rare opportunity for an impressive, resourceful professional to drive forward our flagship Nigeria programme. We are a rapidly developing international children’s charity with exceptional programming in 20 of the world’s lowest income and most crisis-affected countries.
- Our high-impact projects chase gains in education and protection outcomes for the most marginalised children – through signature integrated education, child protection and livelihoods initiatives. Working alongside excellent local NGOs is at the heart of Street Child’s approach globally. In Nigeria, we are recognised as an outstanding INGO for championing and strengthening local partners.
- The crux of this role is to build on our excellent track record in the North East, and lead on geographic expansion, with an immediate focus on the North West.
- The Country Director will lead a 30+ country team and 10+ local partner network to achieve these goals, with a strong personal focus on resource mobilisation and strategic level external representation with our partners, UN agencies, donors and governmental authorities. Specifically, this role-holder will be directly accountable for the strong management and delivery of Street Child’s c.$4m p/annum programme portfolio.
- This is a terrific opportunity for someone who has country-level leadership experience already, or for a senior programmes leader who is hungry for the next step. We are looking for someone with the experience, drive and inter-personal relationships to take ownership of our Nigeria portfolio.
- You will have the management and operational skills to drive excellent, evidence-driven programmes, with a strong background in humanitarian contexts and ideally experience in education (and/or protection and livelihoods).
- This is not an ‘ivory tower’ role; you will be hands-on and agile across multiple programmes and budgets, and deeply involved in building profile and strategic relationships with donors, government and local partners.
- Ensure optimal financial, human and physical resource allocation and management and quality standards (for successful implementation of the country’s and organization’s strategic plan and mission.
- Oversee the recruitment, orientation, and performance of senior staff and development of middle management staff; demonstrating healthy engagement, strong senior management teams, culture of innovation, and effective talent management.
- Oversight of robust implementation of relevant processes and policies, in particular relating to safeguarding, security, HR, finance, due diligence, and local partnership in line with Street Child standards.
- Lead and take all appropriate actions to ensure promotion and enforcement of the Safeguarding Policy and follow up on any findings to address any gaps or weaknesses.
- Expand the visibility and reputation of Street Child among stakeholders as government, donors, and within the humanitarian structure, building strong and strategic relationships.
- Ensure the organization is recognized by stakeholders (relevant government authorities, donors, other NGOs, media etc) as a strong child development organization and credible reference point and leader on related issues.
- Lead and oversee the grants acquisition and management effort in the country ensuring long-term programmes and achievement of annual targets.
- Represent Street Child at high level national forum with pro-active participation, contributing to discussions of interest and relevant to the work and the operations of the organisation.
- Ensure proper engagement and compliance with government regulations to maintain the status of INGO and be able to implement in current and new locations
- Lead the development and execution of high-quality country strategic plan relevant to the local context and reflecting the global strategy and priorities.
- Ensuring the country portfolio is in line with the strategy and programme framework; pursuing an influencing agenda; creating partnerships and collaboration for greatest impact.
- Overseeing and supporting the Senior Programme Team to ensure timely, effective, quality-assured, impact-focused and value for money delivery of programmes.
- Ensure that all grants are managed according to the required standards in pursuit of quality programs with adequate internal control in accordance with organizational policies/procedures and donor terms and conditions.
- Lead the development of a strategy and plans to strengthen and evolve partnerships across the country.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Application Closing Date
4th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Covering Note explaining why you think you could make an extraordinary impact in this role to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Street Child welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and so interested candidates are encouraged to apply.
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE