Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant job positions in their company. Interested candidates should kindly follow the job application guidelines below to apply successfully.
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Value Chain General Manager, Digital & Personal Banking
Job ID: 2200024824
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job: Retail Banking
Employee Status: Permanent
- The VCGM, Digital and Personal Banking (Nigeria and W Africa) is responsible for driving the overall CPBB banking digitization strategy and personal banking portfolio at country level and oversee the implementation of the financial inclusion roadmap for the bank.
- In addition, provide direction for use analytics and data to enhance business objectives and revenue potential.
- The role also confers oversight for the Digital and Personal Banking portfolio across the West Africa markets to provide guidance, project and strategic direction in line with AME over vision and objectives
Strategy Formulation & Execution, and Financial Management:
- Align with group & country CPBB priorities.
- Manage profitability across Digital Personal Banking Channels.
- Identify and define Digital & technology roadmap for alternate channels to support business delivery i.e. internet-banking, mobile banking, Agency Banking, Digital Lending & venturing into Fintech partnership and Development.
- Champion the role of digital in all revenue, product and communication activities; and provide digital knowledge input into customer and proposition development.
- Tasked with implementing strategies to drive revenue and budget targets with the aid of big data to implement personalised campaigns to cross sell products and ensure digital adoption
- Responsible for budget planning and target allocations to Business Segments and Branches to achieve annual business objectives
- Responsible for the strategic direction, development and implementation of SCB Agency Banking business
- Spearheaded engagements in developing strategic alliances and partnership with retail distribution clients of SCB to become Agent Banking partners
- Drive ideation around cluster innovations and enhancements on digital banking channels and clients notification systems
- Oversee localisation and optimisation of digital assets (web, EMD and SMS) in country before upload into group content management system and final delivery to clients.
- Be responsible for leading the way in productivity through process improvement, better management tools and training.
- Optimize channels P&L, Balance Sheet & KPIs.
- Drive new sales and total revenue through customer deepening and retention strategies.
- Business development, external alliance mgmt.
- Work closely with Regional and Cluster stakeholders to manage digital transformation agenda including delivery of digital sales, campaigns and other digital banking KPIs
- Support socialisation of group analytics on a regular basis, articulating the country optimisation view
- Work with stakeholders in the country to ensure business needs and expectations are being met
- Steward regulatory and day-to-day engagement with country compliance on all digital and data requirements and deliveries
- Review and approve all request for access to proprietary digital banking platforms such as online banking back office, Alternate Delivery Channel (ADC), X-Portal, workbench (iPad module & coding station access), e-statement & emailing platform, website content management, messaging platform, CEMs.
- Coordinate and approve operational readiness framework and checklist for all digital banking deployment and data reporting including campaigns
- Review and approve downtimes impacting all proprietary digital banking platforms
- Review and approve Change Requests (CRs) impacting all proprietary digital banking platforms
Customer Experience & Relationship Management:
- Delivery of Bank’s brand promise to our customer, tailored across segments.
- Partner with segment and products.
- Responsible for embedding a culture of service excellence and continuous improvement.
- Identify process improvements opportunities, drive for gap resolutions.
Leadership, People & Community Development:
- Ensure organization structure & people programs appropriate to deliver plans.
- Implement and embed a high-performance culture through robust performance management and differentiated reward and recognition.
- Responsible for developing a succession plan for all one down and mentor/coach top talent.
- Achieve strategic people requirements.
- Lead in employee engagement & attrition.
- Lead in strong internal & external networking & alliances building.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values.
- Be an effective agent of change and a role model within the bank
- Develop a people culture which encourages and champions change among employees in the daily workplace.
Risk Management & Control:
- Compliance with external and internal regulations/policies on Ops, Credit, Reputational and People Risk.
- The implementation of Risk Type Global policies, and as appropriate, the maintenance of Business Policy/ Country addendum.
- Ensure that risk assurance processes are in place and provide evidence of proactive risk management of the Risk Type and compliance with policy.
- Ensure that the Risk Type is properly represented at the relevant Business/ Country Risk Committees.
- Ensure that Risk Management responsibilities and processes for the Risk Type are properly communicated across the Business/ Country to all staff impact.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring
- compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree backed by very strong formal banking and management training.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in financial services industry.
- Have played senior role in branches, New Business equivalent, Contact Centre management or Remote Banking,
- With domain expertise in at least 2 areas and, if possible, with experience very strong Digital capabilities/products/credit risk/operations.
- A certification in project management, cards & payments, process engineering or analytics is relevant
- Functional Knowledge requirements: Digital strategy; website optimisation; digital analytics; e-Commerce strategy; digital payments; current market/ competitive digital positioning; partner and alliance management
- Sound knowledge of banking, payment systems and regulatory environment
- Strategic thinker, with proven large team management capability.
- In depth knowledge of products, sales, services, delivery channels and customer segments.
- Good communication skills both written and oral and the ability to work independently without close supervision.
- Very good knowledge and understanding of the Group Policies, Standards, local regulations and legislations on the prevention of money laundering.
Talent, Skill and Knowledge:
- Strategic acumen
- Conceptual thinking – able to structure and organize
- Execution orientation – able to execute and deliver results
- Service and customer centricity
- Influencing and networking
- Presentation and communication
- Ability to manage in a geographically and culturally dispersed environment
Application Closing Date
13th September, 2022 (11:59:00 PM).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters