South Saharan Social Development Organization (SSDO), a local non-profit with make development happen for women and children, through projects implemented within the 5 thematic areas in which we operate education, health, good governance, gender and social inclusion and livelihoods.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager – Child Health, Nutrition and Routine Immunization
Locations: Ebonyi and Abuja
Reports to: Executive Director
- The goal of the USAID Integrated Health Program (IHP) is to contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality primary health care services.
- SSDO will implement a grant for competency-based skills training of healthcare providers at Primary Healthcare Centres (PHCs) and private health facilities (PHFs) on child health, immunization and nutrition services in Ebonyi and or FCT.
- This training will use a Low Dose High frequency (LDHF) modular training approach and will involve onsite facility-based training, supervision and clinical mentoring of the health workers on child health thematic areas including Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (IMCI), Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) and other areas of Nutrition and Routine Immunization
Duties and Responsibilities
Using the Low Dose High Frequency (LDHF) facility-based training approach to:
- Lead, coordinate and facilitate the Update of health workers knowledge and standardize clinical skills for accurate identification and classification of common childhood illnesses (pneumonia, diarrhoea, measles and malnutrition)
- Improve knowledge and skills of health workers on strengthening preventive services (checking of routine immunization status, early initiation of breastfeeding, counselling on exclusive breastfeeding (EBF), complementary feeding and growth monitoring), and counselling caregivers on health and nutrition promotion and support practices.
- Strengthen the capacity of health workers on correct and appropriate documentation of service delivery data for improved services and decision making.
- Provide post-training supportive supervision and clinical mentoring to reinforce knowledge and skills
- Strengthen the capacity of health workers in providing appropriate integrated treatment, care and support to the sick child, as well as counselling support to the caregivers of children under 5 years with dignity and respect.
- Enhance the skills and ability of health workers for prompt identification of general danger signs, administration of pre-referral treatment, prompt referral and follow up where applicable.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MBBS or B.Sc. Nursing with 7 years experience working with NGOs or INGOs on Child Health, Nutrition and Routine Immunization programs
- Demonstrate experience in training primary health workers in competency-based training methods
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions like long-distance walking to implementation sites.
- Ability to prepare weekly and monthly program reports.
- Be flexible and adaptable with regards to the implementation of the daily work
- Excellent spoken and written Local dialects and English languages.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (CV and Cover Letter as one document) to: email@example.com Kindly indicate the “Position and Location” you are applying for as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Also, your application document must be saved in your full name preferably in MS Word format
- South Saharan Social Development Organisation is an equal opportunity employer
Application Deadline 30th September, 2020.
How you will be updated regularly
- Kindly subscribe to the site using your Email address for FREE