Soteria Eye Clinic Recruitment 2022 for an Optician – Soteria Eye Clinic is currently seeking competent professionals suitable for the position of an Optician. Interested candidates should kindly follow the guidelines listed below to apply.
Soteria Eye Clinic is a contemporary state of the art Optometric and Optical Care Clinic. Centrally located in Lagos Nigeria, with operations in strategic geographical zones in the south, at Delta and Akwa-Ibom. Soteria’s, optometrists and highly knowledgeable staff are committed to providing quality eye examination, along with impeccable treatment and services. The expertise at Soteria Clinic offers top-grade eye care. Including choice designer frames, contact lenses and sunglasses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Optician
Location: Chevron, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Opticians main duties are, design, measure, fit, and adapt lenses and frames for client according to written optical prescription or specification.
- Assist client with selecting frames.
- Measure customer for size of eyeglasses and coordinate frames with facial and eye measurements and optical prescription.
- Prepare work order for optical laboratory containing instructions for grinding and mounting lenses in frames.
- Verify exactness of finished lens spectacles. Adjust frame and lens position to fit client. May shape or reshape frames.
- As a dispensing optician you will dispense and fit spectacles and other optical aids, to both adults and children, working from the prescriptions written by optometrists and ophthalmologists
- Measure clients’ bridge and eye size, temple length, vertex distance, pupillary distance, and optical centres of eyes, using measuring devices.
- Verify that finished lenses are ground to specific.
- Heat, shape, or bend plastic or metal frames in order to adjust eyeglasses to fit clients, using pliers and hands.
- Repair damaged frames.
- Interpret optical prescriptions written by optometrists or ophthalmologists.
- Fabricate lenses to meet prescription specifications.
- Grind lens edges, or apply coatings to lenses.
- Assemble eyeglasses by cutting and edging lenses, then fitting the lenses into frames.
- Supervise the training of student opticians.
- Identification of lenses.
- Reading of lenses
- Take appropriate markings on the patient’s frame and fixing with axis orientation.
- Chipping of lenses.
- Fixing all type of lenses on a frame
- Frame maintenance.
- The marginal functions of this position have not been included.
- This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed.
- An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager or supervisor.
- Candidates should possess relevant qualifications with a minimum of 2 years work experience.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- An optician is a client-facing role. You will be dealing with the general public so it is important you have good inter-personal skills.
- An eye for detail, colour co-ordination and style is imperative to help people make the right choice about something that may become a near permanent fixture on their face (spectacles).
- Confidence in working with specialist and technical equipment. Precise measurements and tests are the mainstay in an optician’s working life.
- A good grasp of mathematics is vital, as you will be working with complex measurements and figures and be expected to perform conversions with these.
- Ability to work with others.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work to tight deadlines.
- A people person.
- Excellent personal hygiene.
- Managerial skills are important if you wish to advance in your career.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE