SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria Recruitment 2022 for a WASH Officer – The SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria is currently recruiting candidates suitable for the position of a Wash Officer. Interested candidates should kindly follow the descriptions listed below to apply.
SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria (SOS CV Nigeria) is one of 136 Member Associations working under the umbrella of SOS Children’s Villages International, an international non-governmental social development organization. We have been active in Nigeria since 1973, with footprints across the country in: Isolo (Lagos State), Owu-Ijebu (Ogun State), Jos (Plateau State) Ibadan (Oyo State), Kaduna (Kaduna State) and Gwagwalada, (Federal Capital Territory).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Officer
- The WASH Officer will lead and support the effective implementation of Water, Hygiene and Sanitation interventions in the programme.
- The role holder will lead on the assessment and analysis of WASH situations of households and communities, the design of response mechanisms and the high-quality implementation of programmes.
- He/She is responsible for compiling regular action plans and quality programme reports.
- The WASH Officer will also support the Humanitarian Response and contribute towards the smooth administration of the programme working mainly within the programme location but may have frequent contact with external partners.
- The person is also responsible for monitoring WASH programmes, working in collaboration with other civil society organizations, local government, and other agencies (including active participation in the WASH cluster)
- He/She will provide support in identifying and assessing the key needs of WASH facilities and services to be addressed and whom to engage and develop an appropriate implementation strategy to either construct, rehabilitate or repair such facilities.
- He/She will support in ensuring that an engagement approach to working with communities and the local authorities, other partners is employed, and all activities are carried out in a way that is sensitive to community needs and promotes the full and equal participation of children and youth.
- He/She will support implementation of hygiene promotion activities appropriate to the context to ensure that technical and social aspects of water and sanitation programming are integrated
- The incumbent will support the development of monthly, quarterly, semi- annual and end of projects reports on water supply and sanitation components of projects and ensure that the reports are prepared in a timely manner and in accordance with donors and SOS Children’s Villages requirements
- He/She will maintain an up to-date activity tracking tool (soft copies and hard copies) of all water supply and sanitation infrastructure-related activities.
- He/She will support in contributing towards strengthening of integration of WASH programming with the other key SOS Children’s Villages program units.
- Interested candidates should possess a HND / Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Works, Community Development, Social Work, Health Sciences or other related areas.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience in the field of Community Development or Social Services within the NGO/iNGO sector
- Understanding of child development issues, including knowledge of child rights, child protection, child welfare, childcare and parenting; and relevant local and national laws, regulations and protocols
- Understanding of Community development and sustainability of programme responses and outcomes
- Experience in community engagement approaches, participatory approaches and community negotiation
- Ability to conduct community WASH needs assessment, program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of WASH activities
- Proven experience in implementing a large scale community-based water and sanitation project with evidence of successful implementation of similar projects.
Application Closing Date
14th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
Be the first to comment