SI Recruitment 2020 application form is out! Solidarities International has successfully commenced recruitment intake for 2020 session applicants.
Solidarities International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. Currently present in Nigeria since 2016, SI carries out emergency / post-emergency programs in WASH sector in North East region.
We are recruiting internally and externally for the positions below:
Job Title: Security Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Goal / Purpose
- The Security Manager – supports mission in improving security management and access for the humanitarian intervention of SI in Nigeria
- Under the line management of the Country Director and in collaboration with the LogCo&FieldCos, the Security Manager helps in collecting and analysing security context and access in Nigeria. This will help in informing security decisions taken by SI (CD) on strategic aspects as well as day to day security management of the mission.
Establish and monitor security procedures:
- In charge of radio communications with field bases;
- Establish and maintain informal relations and a network of contacts permitting the collection of information, and the monitoring and analysis of the political, security and geo-political contexts in the countries and areas of intervention;
- Manage security crisis according to contingency plans:
- Report immediately to the Country Director and Log Coo any sudden changes on the access and security in the areas where SI operates or where SI teams are present
- Support the Country Director in the management of security incidents and if need be, act as focal point for the teams at national level for any access and security related issue.
- Support Field Coordinators in understanding context analysis, network development & social structure of local communities
- Build capacities of SI teams in security management, response and in understanding SI security rules
- Attend Security meetings and report them to the CD and Log Coo;
- Conduct security assessment of Solidarités premises, working areas and new areas;
- Implement protection and security rules and for Solidarités offices, houses, stocks, vehicles and staffs according the needs and risks;
- Update security pack including: security plan (mission and base), evacuation plan, risk analyses and security phases documents;
- Enforce and have the security measures applied by all staffs;
- Participate in the security and contextual briefing of new arrivals at the missions;
- Do a security induction for all new team members of the mission
- Promote Solidarités International Charter Ethical code;
- Facilitate the proper circulation of security information on the mission;
Reporting / communication / representation:
- Participation in external security and access coordination meetings and share minutes with CD and Log Coo
- Update on a regular basis the constant companion document
- Write the incident report document when necessary
- Prepare weekly security updates of all bases
- Prepare a monthly security and access analysis (Focus on, but not limited to, SI base locations)
- Analyse contextual, security and geopolitical information;
- Write Security Internal Security Follow-up;
- File and archive documents related to the Security.
- Acts as the functional manager of the FC assistants. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Contribute to the recruitment process of Field coordinator assistants.
- Involve in the training & coaching of field coordinator assistants on context analysis, network development and information analysis.
- Professional experience: 3 years of experience in a similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector) and 2 years of progressive experience in an INGO
- Languages: English compulsory (Hausa/Kanuri – Added Advantage)
- Personal qualities: rigorous, organized, able to manage important workload, good learning capacity, good communication, reactive, team spirit, good written and analyses capacities, resistance to stress, Demonstrable ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Excellent analytical skills, writing and speaking
- Demonstrable knowledge of project management
- Excellent knowledge of MS office applications
- Basics in geographical information system (GIS)
- Demonstrable experience in managing staff safety and security.
- Regimental experience is an added advantage.
Job Title: Enumerator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Goal / Purpose
- Under the district supervision of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Officer, the Enumerator will support the MEAL team to carry out fieldwork and other research/assessment activities, which may be required for the program’s functioning and strategy.
- The enumerators services will be required on daily basis based on the field work requirement, it’s not a full time employment with the organization.
- The enumerators will collect field data for different on-going project on already developed tools and will also provide key feedback on programs field research activities.
- Assist MEAL team in field data collection as per the program requirements for its different on-going programs;
- Depending on the nature of filed work enumerators can be involved in both qualitative (Focus group Discussion and Key Informants) and quantitative (household interviews) data collection;
- Enumerators will use mobile data collection tool (Kobo Collect) to gather and accurately record responses on questionnaires;
- Ensure that questionnaires have been thoroughly checked and completed;
- Submit completed questionnaires and other equipment used in fieldwork to the research supervisor;
- As part of each assignment, participate in briefings; carry out data collection, data entry and/or reporting;
- Recognize and give account of problems in obtaining data and provide useful feedback from field research activities
- Enumerators will ensure the confidentiality of the beneficiaries and will not share field information with any 3rd party without the consent of SI
- Studies: Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma
- Conducting Nutrition, Health, WASH and FSL assessments.
- Mobile data collection, administering questionnaires and conducting interviews, data collection and data entry
- English (Hausa/Kanuri – Added Advantage)
- Honesty: Shows a high level of integrity and will not fabricate responses or misrepresent the program
- Communication: Confidently expresses self, able to clearly ask questions and help the respondent understand what is needed from her/him.
- Relationship Builder: Able to build trust with people at the rural level and maintain confidentiality.
- Cultural Awareness: Must be aware of and sensitive to the cultural expectations of communities in Northern Nigeria.
- Accuracy: Must be able to interpret and record responses appropriately without distorting the respondents meaning or confusing the reader.
- Endurance: Must be able to work for a full day working hours in the field across a number of days.
Job Title: Deputy HR Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The HR Coordinator Deputy supports the HR coordinator in defining and implementing the national HR policy.
- He/she guarantees the correct implementation of HR and SI policy on the mission.
- He/she ensures legal, fiscal and administrative support to HR Coordinator and administrators for all National HR related matters.
- He/she actively participates in implementing training and development programs for national staff.
- He/she supports the HR Coordinator in the administrative management, follow-up and visa process related international staff.
- Upon request, ensure the HR Coordinator responsibilities and tasks (in case of absence) in direct link with the Country Director.
Design and Implementation of the National HR Policies:
- Take part in the development of the national HR policies
- Participate in defining and monitoring the implementation of HR policies
- Evaluate risks linked to changes in social policies
- Propose improvements to employee working conditions
- Ensure appropriateness and coherence between mission job descriptions and SI standard Job Descriptions
- Ensure the SI functions Grid is applied on the mission and the recruitment process respected
- If necessary, participate in rewriting the Salary Grid (benchmark…)
- Continually ensure coherence between SI HR policy and national laws
Human Resources Management (National and International):
- Design and implement HR training sessions for SI Managers and for the administrative teams
- Supervise annual performance process; participate in implementing staff promotions
- Design and put in place an annual training program, supervise its implementation and monitor its impact
- Participate in the implementation of career planning and the management of staff mobility
- Improve recruitment procedures; participate in the recruitment process for national staff
- Ensure relations with employee, in particular by taking part in the HR meetings
- Ensure minimum staffing levels for the administrative service during periods of absence (vacation, illness…)
Human Resources Administration:
- Keep informed of all documents and developments associated with employment law, employment in general, and staff training
- Ensure that HR procedures are respected and understood at mission level
- Supervise the administrative and contractual management of personnel recruitment and hiring
- Organize and conduct the HR briefing and/or induction sessions
- Ensure that personnel files are kept up to date and deadlines respected (annual performance, contract amendments, visa, Flight ticket, break…)
- Take the necessary steps with authorities if required (registering personnel, submitting documents…)
- Update the monthly HR reporting Pack, check and consolidate for the whole mission
- Ensure the respect of the HR monthly calendar
Payroll, Tax and Social Contributions Management:
- Proceed and supervise the monthly salaries calculation and payroll processing for the whole mission
- Update and check the monthly related HR databases and payroll variables
- Ensure the payslip signature and archiving at time of all payroll related documents
- Ensure the monthly calculation of the Tax and social contribution for the whole mission
- Ensure that Taxes and social contributions statements and payments are made to the concerned authorities for the whole mission
- Ensure that staff personal files are kept up to date and archived according the proper guidelines for the whole mission
- Ensure preparation of HR files for Audit
- Ensure hard and soft archiving, as well as ensuring the security of HR/administrative documents
- Ensure that hard files from the bases are brought back to coordination on a regular basis
- Conduct the quarterly mailing of HR archives to HQ
- Update and consolidate monthly the mission organizational chart and its targeted version
- Update and consolidate the monthly statistical report for HQ
- Update and consolidate the SI ID card needs and send to the Logistics department
- Report to each head of department on a weekly and monthly basis Human Resources related information about their respective teams.
- Update monthly the International Staff FU and prepare the HR shuttle for HQ
Communication / representation:
- Work closely with and support the Administrative Managers
- Establish and maintain relationships with the administrative, legal, fiscal authorities at a national level
- Is the focal point of the consultants with who SI is working on HR related matters (Tax, Visa, lawyers)
- Assist the HR coordinator with report related HR, proposals and with drawing up HR sizing set-up
- Participate to the HR strategy definition
- Participate to the internal and external HR meetings and represented SI upon request
- Ensure that relevant HR information are published on the information board
- Report to the HR Coo any alerts concerning Solidarites International Staff and support the HR Coordinator in the social dialogue
- Ensure the HR data and information confidentiality
- Training/Education: B.Sc. Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related degrees
- Professional experience: 3 years of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector) and 2 years of progressive experience in an INGO
- Languages: English compulsory (Hausa/Kanuri – Added Advantage)
- Admin related skills: good knowledge of the project cycle, budget follow-up, recruitment, payroll, etc.
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software: Saga, Homere, Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point.
- Personal qualities: rigorous, organized, able to manage important workload, good learning capacity, good communication, reactive, team spirit, good written and analyses capacities, resistance to stress.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Clicking on the link above and select the job position you’re interested in. Eg: “Security Manager- Maiduguri”
- Fill the form and attach your CV. The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
Note: As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date
Application Deadline 10th September, 2020.
Do you want a Job today? Click Here to see New Jobs in Nigeria Now!
Get more jobs like this in your email for free!