Software Engineer, PIU at the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) Job Recruitment 2020/2021 – Apply Here . The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) established by the NIMC Act No. 23 of 2007, the NIMC has the mandate to establish, own, operate, maintain and manage the National Identity Database in Nigeria, register persons covered by the Act, assign a Unique National Identification Number (NIN) and issue General Multi-Purpose Cards (GMPC) to those who are citizens of Nigeria as well as others legally residing within the country.
Applications are invited from interested Public / Civil Servants and individual consultants (private sector) for the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineer, PIU
- The Federal Government of Nigeria has received a credit from the World Bank, French Development Agency (AFD) & European Investment Bank (ETB) and intends to apply part of the proceeds to increase the number of persons with a National II) number, which would he issued by a robust and inclusive foundational ID system to facilitate improved access to public services.
- The National identity Management Commission (NIMC) – based in Abuja is responsible for the implementation of the Nigeria Digital Identification for Development (ID4D) Project. The project is comprised of four components: (1) Strengthen the Legal and Institutional Framework (2) Establish a Robust and Inclusive Foundational ID System (3) Enable Access to Services through. IDs and (4) Project Management and Stakeholder Engagement. The governance arrangements for project implementation consist of three structures: (a) Project Ecosystem Steering Committee (PESC); (b) Ecosystem Coordination Strategic Unit (ECSU); and (c) the Project implementation Unit (PIU).
Objectives of the Assignment:
- The Project Implementation Unit (PIU) situated in NIMC, will oversee the project implementation, of Component 2, 3 and 4, namely, (i) regulate data collection for foundation ID (ii) regulate ID credential offerings and (iii) project management and coordination of the Nigerian ID ecosystem in collaboration with the Ecosystem Coordination Strategic Unit, located at the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.
- The Project is now desirous of filling key vacancies within the PIU and is by this notice inviting candidates who may be (1) qualified public/civil servants within the Federal Public/Civil Service structure or (2) interested qualified individual consultants/technical experts from the private sector to submit their expression of interest for the position listed above.
Reporting, Location and Commencement
- The candidates shall report to the PIU Coordinator who shall report to the Director-General, National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) in Abuja. The commencement of the services shall come into effect on the date of the notice to the recruited personnel instructing the recruited personnel to begin carrying out the services.
The Software Engineer shall have the following minimum educational qualifications and experience:
- A degree in any discipline may suffice, as long as the applicant can demonstrate experience with either Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information System or any other relevant discipline with relevant globally recognised software development certification with a minimum of five (5) years progressive working experience in technical design, development, test and integration of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems with a minimum of two (2) projects, similar in scope and complexity to the NIMS;
- Experience must include working on Web Application architecture using REST APIs, Non-blocking technologies such as asynchronous tools and clustering techniques.
- Experience in maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects and of ongoing software maintenance by analysing and identifying areas for modification.
- The applicant will need to demonstrate experience with modern IDEs like VSCode, Webstorm or related tools, as well as debugging and testing resources.
- Some knowledge of cryptography and encryption techniques is also required, such as Triple DES, AES Standards, RSA and ECC. Hashing techniques are also expected.
- Background knowledge of multiple platforms is expected, including MS Windows Server (minimum 2012), Linux (RHEL7.x and Ubuntu 16.04 and AIX). Advantage will be given to those candidates who show a flair for migration between platforms seamlessly;
- Experience using UML standard design artifacts such as class models and sequence diagrams and maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects; and
- Experience of ongoing software maintenance by analysing and identifying areas for modification.
Application Closing Date
4pm 18th August, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Expression of Interests clearly marking the position applied for with a detailed CV as well as a not more than 300 words statement matching their qualification and experience with suitability for the particular position applied for, to: email@example.com and a copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Expression of Interest should also be accompanied with:
- Cover Letter; and
- Copies of certificates for professional and academic qualifications
Further inquiries can be made via email or in writing to the address below.
DGM/Head of Procurement,
National Identity Management Commission (NIMC),
11 Sokode Crescent, Off Dalaba Street,
Zone 5 Wuse, Abuja – Nigeria.
Subscribe to Blog via Email