Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Job Recruitment Program 2022 – Shell Petroleum Development Company is recruiting candidates suitable to fill the vacant positions in their company. Interested candidates should kindly follow the guidelines listed below to apply.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition. Our commitment and your drive will meet and help unlock your own potential and push forward Shell’s continuous innovation. We look for ways to reduce the environmental impact of our operations: our global pool of experts and the fact that our employees can tap into that diverse pool of expertise will help our commitment to supply Nigeria and beyond with our oil products. The company’s operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 30,000 square kilometres.
Job Title: Business Development (Trading) Manager
Reference ID: R47464
Job Family Group: Commercial and Retail
Worker Type: Long Term International Assignment
Business Unit: Downstream
Experience Level: Experienced Professionals
- The role is expected to provide leadership in identifying and implementing third-party trading opportunities together with optimization of Group value at the upstream/downstream (trading) interface in Nigeria. Third party includes both government and private sector opportunities.
- The incumbent will play an active role in upstream re-structuring developments that have a cross-business impact and will act as the in situ commercial interface between upstream and trading/downstream in the region.
- To sustain and grow Crude Trading business in Nigeria, by originating, structuring and closing out crude oil Business Development projects, the individual is expected to have proven high capacity, commercial mind set, sound understanding of trading, related upstream O&G and structured financing apart from excellent interpersonal skills.
- Develop a sound understanding of all upstream commercial and fiscal issues in the region that impact integrated Group value for crude oil and gas entitlements.
- Represent Upstream and Downstream businesses in government and industry discussions/negotiations that impact on hydrocarbon value.
- Together with Trading Desks colleagues, identify and support execution of third-party value added trading opportunities that complement Upstream strengths.
- Jointly with the Structured Finance team, manage relationships with banks and credit institutions to monitor the debt financing provided by Shell Trading to local producers and further support projects requiring financing and/or de-risking existing debt in the market.
- Represent the Upstream/Downstream interface in regional Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) initiatives.
- Fulfill local reporting role for Downstream/Trading staff in Nigeria and perform mentoring/development support.
- Manage and ‘develop-new’ sustainable relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Create innovative solutions to meet customer requirements whilst maximising the value of tradable options and taking due account of all risks including credit, price risk, HSSE and Group reputation.
- Project manage identified development opportunities and lead project teams driving for efficient and successful delivery.
- We’re looking for high capacity individuals looking to enter the core trading arena.
- Knowledge of upstream commercial drivers, refinery economics and structured financing along with a sound understanding of the trading business is desirable.
- Experience in trading and/or financing is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to forge and maintain relations with internal business units, government entities and private producing and marketing companies alike.
- Strong evidence of high level of intelligence, commercial acumen, consistent delivery, able to grasp new concepts very quickly and highly numerate.
- Relevant Business Development experience along with proven ability to build strong working relationships with key stakeholders and to use this to sell ideas to customers.
- Excellent communication and influencing abilities.
- Ability to challenge the status quo hunger for getting deals done and generating value.
- Go-getter who has fire in the belly and will turn over every rock.
- High sense of ownership and accountability for the deal process.
Job Title: Supply Chain Specialist – RtP
Job ID: R69281
Experience level: Early Careers
Where You Fit In
- The Supply Chain Specialist – RtP position is a key member of the Ikeja-based Supply Chain Ops SNBO team supporting Shell Companies in Nigeria (SCiN).
- As an individual contributor, you are responsible to liaise and collaborate with various levels of stakeholders to address inquiries, resolve issues on a timely manner and establish preventive action plans moving forward.
- You will be responsible for the efficient and timely processing of demands / requests to Purchase Requisitions and/or Service Entries in support of the assigned Shell business entities and region.
- You will also conduct data analysis and presentation to support the Operations Manager/Line Manager, Operations Excellence (OE) team or other relevant group to conduct deep-dive Key Performance Indicators (KPI) analysis on a regular basis to drive CI (Continuous Improvement) mindset especially in the areas of automation and/or POT (Payment on Time) delivery.
- Position will be performing activities such as creation and amendment of Purchase Requisition and/or Service Entry.
- Act as a first point of contact of the end users within the scope.
- Work and engage closely with AP (Accounts Payable), business stakeholders, vendors (if applicable) and relevant team member to resolve outstanding issues on invoices.
- Support and drive issue analysis to identify gaps and emerging issues in processes and procedures where KPI targets are concern.
- Perform assigned ERP/SAP Super User Role. (address “how to” questions, perform training and testing to support the process and IT related change activities in area of responsibility, raise enhancement requests and participate in the review together with the process experts).
- Perform other roles within the scope of the process and/or departmental/SNBO initiatives as assigned and agreed with the Line Manager. (ex. CI Projects, Focal in Visual Management Board or KPI Analysis, Emergency Response Team etc.).
- Collaborate with end-users to ensure their requisitions are fulfilled in a timely, efficient and accurate manner.
- Assist Accounts Payables in the resolution of procurement issues associated with vendor invoices.
- Work closely with Business Stakeholders, Accounts Payable and RtP Analysts and ensure vendors are paid timely.
- Identify and resolve non-compliant activities through awareness, training and escalation and working with the business stakeholders, Finance and Accounts Payable to resolve POT issues.
- Identified Process Experts and first point of contact for complex queries and requests.
- Provide back-up support to other team members.
- We’re keen to hear from individuals with preferably minimum of 2 years of working experience in Requisition-to-Pay (RtP) processes.
- Knowledge of RtP processes and ERP (SAP) System functionality.
- Understand the high-level Requisition-to-Pay (RtP) policies, processes, systems.
- Understand the correct procurement system and channel per spend category and advise the business.
- Understand the key interfaces and interdependencies between Contracting and Procurement (CP) processes, controls and systems and those of other Shell departments such as Finance, Projects, etc. and external partners.
- Awareness of the Manual of Authority, i.e. can describe who can commit money on behalf of Shell and understand Shell’s governance/contract signatory process and where this ties in to the RtP process and systems.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
Be the first to comment