Shell Petroleum Development Company is currently seeking to recruit competent professionals suitable for the position of a Senior Civil Engineer. Interested candidates should kindly follow the job application guidelines listed below to apply successfully.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development program and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Civil Engineer
Job Requisition ID: R126949
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type: Full time
- The role of the Senior Civil Engineer is to plan, execute and supervise work activities in Civil/Structural Engineering. Provide HSE leadership to project team members, service providers and contractors’ personnel.
- The incumbent will ensure high-quality, on-time, and cost-effective execution of all Civil Engineering design development and construction activities. Participate in Project Development and Execution meetings.
- The Senior Civil Engineer will also audit, inspect or supervise the construction of Civil Structures, Buildings and Associated Infrastructure for compliance with applicable project and Shell Group standards.
- Assist the project discipline lead to ensure seamless development and delivery of civil and structural design solutions to meet project objectives.
- Review and implement Civil/Structural Engineering quality plans with measurable key performance indicators.
- Act as Technical Authority for Civil/Structural Engineering to ensure compliance with applicable standards and policies.
- Verify design delivery against technical requirements and demonstrate compliance using company-recommended tools (eg. Polarion).
- Visit construction and fabrication sites as and when required to provide field engineering support to construction.
- Drive increase in efficiency through innovative concepts and realize opportunities for reduction in unit technical costs, life cycle costs and Unit Operating Cost.
- Deal with a broad spectrum of technical and commercial issues and uncertainties to support quality decisions for project completion.
- Apply best practices in delivering Civil/Structural Engineering activities in the Project/Asset.
- Develop and deliver Technical Instructions to fabrication and installation contractors in a timely manner to eliminate construction delays and rework.
- Support project to asset transfer including the development of final as-built drawings and deliverables.
- Develop and maintain a register for project lessons learned and share the same for the benefit of other projects and assets.
- Prepare scope of work and cost estimate for Civil/Structural Engineering works on a project.
- Coordinate SPDC and contractor resources deployed for Civil/Structural Engineering activities and monitor, prepare and issue timely, accurate and concise progress reports.
- Participate in project HSE and progress review meetings and provide feedback on performance including compliance with project quality and HSE plans.
- Confirm completion of Civil/Structural Engineering scope of works, resolve outstanding issues, and prepare and issue close-out reports.
- Reporting to project Engineering Manager or project Civil/Structural Lead.
- Other Discipline Team Leaders of the Project.
- Project Engineers/Leads; Relevant Contractors and Vendors; Shell functions such as IM/IT, HR, Finance, HSE; External entities such as NCD, DPR, Industries, Universities and other Shell Companies in Nigeria (SNEPCO, SNG, etc.) and in the African Region.
What we need from you?
- BSc. or BEng. in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the upstream or midstream oil & gas or petrochemical facility (FEED, Detailed Engineering & Design, Fabrication & Construction, Installation, Commissioning and Start-up).
- Knowledge in Special Structures, Advanced Structural and Coastal Marine is considered desirable.
- Assessed or ready to be assessed as Technical Authority Level-3 in Civil and Structural Engineering discipline.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including technical report writing skills and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- NSE membership/ COREN registered.
- Skilled in interpreting and directing the development and delivery of 3D model (eg. PDMS) and extracted 2D drawings (eg. Autocad).
- Skilled in Onshore Geotechnical and Foundations, Civil Infrastructure, Asset Integrity Management, Structural Assessment & Life Extension and Civil Structures (Steel and Concrete).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply