Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited is one of the largest manufacturing companies in Nigeria, producing and distributing some of the nation’s most- loved beverages in the country like; Pepsi, 7Up, Mirinda, Teem, Mountain Dew, H2oH!, Lipton Ice Tea and Aquafina premium drinking water.
SBC has recently entered into Home & Personal Care category with the 2SURE brand and launched its first product, a Hand & Surface Sanitizer. Seven Up boasts of nine bottling plants with state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities strategically located across various regions in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research and Development Officer (Home and Personal Care)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Role
- We are looking to hire a Research and Development Executive to manage our product innovation and development.
- He / she will be responsible for handling the various stages of product development from carrying out market surveys and providing data on what products are needed, to prototyping and testing before the product goes into full production.
- The R&D executive will play a very crucial role in ensuring that we give our consumers the very best products.
- He / she will make sure that all new products and innovations meet (or even surpass) all regulatory and statutory requirements.
The duties of the R&D Executive include:
- Managing the end to end development process from concept to launch, ensuring complete visibility and traceability of work, this involves:
- Horizon scanning for innovative ingredients and technologies.
- Modifying existing products and processes and developing new ones.
- Working on packaging innovation and technology.
- Work within the budgetary constraints set for projects.
- Project categories will range from minor (e.g. product extension, Ingredients change) to major (e.g. disruptive innovation projects or creating new categories).
- Coordinating within Cross-functional teams (CFT) to ensure delivery as per agreed timelines.
- Timely & Appropriate inputs for successfully resolving process / product issues at manufacturing locations.
- Selecting raw materials and other ingredients from suppliers.
- Continuous quality improvement and cost reduction exercises for existing products.
- Coordinating launches of new products or running trials alongside/together with product development.
- Dealing with any customer complaint investigations or product issues.
- Compiling / checking / approving product specifications and labeling.
- A Graduate / Master’s degree in Cosmetic Science, Chemistry or Biochemistry.
- Creative product development experience (related to Home & Personal Care products) and able to demonstrate a thorough understanding on formulation strategies and manufacturing technologies.
- Excellent project management, communication and presentation skills.
- Good understanding of ingredients and processes.
- Good understanding of packaging and its interactions with product and acceptance through shelf life.
- At least 3 years of experience of leading new product development projects from concept to test and final implementation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV with a Cover Letter as the body of the email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the “Job title” as subject of the email
Application Deadline 9th September, 2020.
Do you want a Job today? Click Here to see New Jobs in Nigeria Now!
Get more jobs like this in your email for free!