Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict – away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Employment: Type Full-Time
- The position holder will be responsible for a range of bookkeeping responsibilities as well as providing support on finance and project budget management functions. Carrying out and recording relevant financial transactions as well as coordinating the financial coding of these transactions will all be part of your daily routine.
- You will oversee the maintenance and reconciliation of bank records and, as SFCG receives funding from a number of donors.
- You will also be responsible for maintaining ledgers and contributing to the regular financial reporting.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the Finance Lead in the effective financial management of the project.
- Ensure proper documentation of vouchers and receipts, financial reporting, proper coding of expenses, distribution of payments, tracking petty cash distribution and bank deposits;
- Work closely with the Admin and Logistics unit to ensure timely payments for goods and services rendered to SFCG;
- Support Finance Lead to strengthen financial and accounting systems – identifying gaps, weaknesses, and issues and recommending and implementing solutions;
- Ensure compliance with SFCG and donor accounting requirements.
- Undertake regular reconciliation and other expenditures and income, according to agreed timeframes and standards.
- Support the reporting process by ensuring all documents supporting transactions are collated, reviewed, and reconciled before submission to the Finance Lead for upload to the system.
- Support the Finance Lead to maintain a tracker of all subcontracts and other activities under grants.
- Review and monitor budget performance by analyzing variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
- Manage transactions effectively and efficiently to ensure quality reporting.
- Do a proper archiving of all supporting documents
- Ensure timely remittance of PAYE, Pension, WHT, NSITF, and NHF on a monthly basis.
- Collaborate with SFCG finance teams in order to fulfill payments and other project expenditures.
- Ensure that all expenditure is charged to the correct budget line.
- Liaise with the Finance Lead to ensure smooth and proper coordination related to regular payments and purchases
- Ensure overall financial compliance and management across the consortium
- Conduct internal verification within the consortium to ensure costs eligibility and compliance
- Carries out tasks in support of assigned activities, such as photocopying, processing paperwork, and organizing meetings.
Other Relevant Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & Finance, Banking and Finance, or Business Administration and Management. An ICAN, ANAN, or ACCA Certification or a Master’s Degree in Accounting would be an added advantage.
- 1 year or above of professional experience providing financial, administrative, logistical, and/or operational support
- Excellent in English (oral and written)Ability to plan, organize work, communicate, and reports effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines; team player and effective communicator,
- Strong IT skills (Email, Microsoft Office applications, Google Drive, Google Docs, Sheets, Presentation).
- Good reporting capacity and experience
- Ability to function effectively under stressful conditions such as heavy workloads, and deadlines.
- Experience working in an NGO or civil society is a plus
- Experience working with little or no supervision
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and a demonstrable understanding of conflict/post-conflict development contexts
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 17th April, 2023.
Enter your email address below and get more Updates like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is FREE
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, and career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans, and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant to secure a job, loan, grant, or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are free of charge.