Releaf Recruitment 2022 for a Procurement / Sourcing Manager – Releaf is currently seeking candidates suitable for the position of a Procurement / Sourcing Manager. Interested candidates should kindly follow the guidelines listed below to apply.
Releaf invents both financial and food processing technology to increase smallholder harvest yields and create high-quality raw material supply chains for African Consumer Brands, starting in the $3B Nigerian vegetable oil market. We believe this layer of the economy is underdeveloped, valuable, and possible to scale quickly in. Our first patented technology is Kraken, Africa’s first industrial oil palm (nut) processor compatible with smallholder varieties. We Aggregate smallholder crops, Process them with Kraken, and sell high-quality vegetable oil to Consumer Brands. 80% of oil palm supply comes from smallholders and Kraken can process 500 metric tons weekly.
Releaf is led by Ikenna Nzewi and Uzo Ayogu, who have been friends and co-founders since college at Yale and Duke. Releaf is backed by Y Combinator, Kepple Africa, Bill Gates’ Breakthrough Energy, and Samurai Incubate, amongst numerous HNIs including Justin Kan, Stephen Pagliuca, Iyin Aboyeji, and Jeff Ubben.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement / Sourcing Manager
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Procurement / Sourcing Manager is responsible for managing the entire sourcing team operations and ensuring that our sourcing volumes exceed processing capacity, currently 600T/Week.
- The primary objective in the role is to hire and train sourcing operatives, identify viable locations for volume procurement, and strategically deploy teams to deliver strong volumes of raw material on a weekly basis.
- Lead the hiring, tactical deployment and management of Sourcing Officers, Quality Assurance Officer and Sourcing Leads in Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Ondo and Edo.
- Open & manage Aggregation Points; multiple aggregation centres (>= 100T capacity).
- Consistent weekly sourcing directly from farmers, and ramp up to 450T/week consistently.
- You will build a scalable model that ensures 100% transparency in weighing, payment of palm kernel and data traceability.
- You will create a seamless ops strategy with the Logistics team to ensure fast aggregation and delivery targets are met.
- Interested candidates should possess a minimum of a HND / Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics / Supply Chain courses or related fields of study.
- Strong ability of using reporting and data gathering tools and must be good at mental math.
- Relevant professional certification in Logistics or Supply Chain management will be an added advantage
- Ability to build relationships with key internal / external stakeholders and network to achieve key results.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Must have deep, tangible experience in sourcing thousands of tonnes per year of agricultural raw materials directly from farmers, cooperatives, and communities with a minimum of 5 years’ experience under the belt.
- Must possess first-hand experience leading the creation of new aggregation centers and making strong relationships with local communities across entire states/regions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Releaf does not charge any fee for applying for a job and none of our employees will ask you to pay for getting a job or a means to get a job at Releaf. Beware of employment scams.
- We may close out roles at any time we have received suitable applications that meets our need at the time
18th May, 2022.
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE