The Center for Community Health and Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women.
CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Community Mobilization Officer
Location: Borno State
- Under the supervision and line management of the CHAD Education Team Leader, the Community Mobilization Officer is responsible for supporting CHAD Int’l Education team to establish effective relationships with the hosted population, and facilitate increasing participation of the hosted population across all sectors within the site. This entails building strong relationships with the hosted population from across different ethnicities, religions, nationalities, genders and ages.
- The Community Mobilization Officer will be responsible for establishing and supporting functioning and equitable community representative groups, and for organizing regular recreational and social events within the site. Moreover, will be responsible to design and implement workshops and relevant activities, so as to enhance hosted population’s autonomy and prepare them for their gradual integration into Nigeria education system.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop strong relationships with members of the hosted population and also maintain contacts with the relevant community authorities and humanitarian actors at site level, in order to support the participation and inclusion of the hosted population.
- Mediate between different groups living within the site, to support peaceful relations and reduce security tensions.
- Continually sensitize all stakeholders as to the importance of respectful dialogue with the community.
- In close cooperation with the hosted population, organize appropriate social, recreational and cultural activities in the site which enhance social cohesion and improve their love to education and social learning.
- Promote a participatory approach (engagement of affected population) to wards towards learning, with the utmost to promote the empowerment and full engagement of women and girls in the community.
- Collect information on the needs and concerns of the hosted population, sharing with other stakeholders for follow-up.
- Support effective communication and information-sharing to the hosted population, including providing information on services, activities and events in the community. Develop and participate in awareness-raising sessions mostly on the issues surrounding covied-19 pandemic and Nigeria education system.
- Where possible, support activities aimed at supporting collaboration and positive relations between the hosted population and the host communities.
- Support with interpretation, cultural mediation and translation, if requested and if relevant to his/her skills
- Support in the design and implementation of verification and distribution of learning materials, protective materials and observing other safety protocols, as well as other relevant activities in the host communities.
- Designs and implements workshops and empowerment activities, aiming to enhance educational system within the project site.
- Support, appraise and providing training as needed; develop activity plans with the team and provide daily education/learning system to the selected beneficiaries.
- Ensure that all activities/projects are implemented in accordance with agreed strategies, principles, implementation plans, and donor requirements. Prepare accurate and timely reports on progress on activities on the learning centers.
- Undertake other tasks assigned by the CHAD Education officer/management to ensure the success of CHAD Int’l operations in the host communities.
- Provide inputs for all relevant internal and external reporting
- Ensure that all project-related documentation is of high quality and archived according to donor and CHAD Int’l requirements
- B.A degree in International Relations, management, social science or related field
- Minimum 3 years professional work experience in educational projects
- Experience in representation and community social work.
- Excellent analytical and strategic skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with local communities members and other stakeholders
- Strong computer skills
- High professional ethics
- Knowledge of language (e.g. Kanuri, Shuwa) is essential
Required Skills & Qualities:
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work under pressure and in a high-risk security environment.
- Proactivity, with a sound commitment to teamwork and with a spirit of genuine collaboration
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to humanitarian principle and high sense of ethics
- Excellent communication skills, as well as patience and politeness, are needed
- Ability to cope with high workload and stress and identify priority activities and assignments, and adjust priorities as required
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills is a must, and a good sense of humor
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Location: Borno State (MMC, Koduga, Jere, Magumeri)
Project Location: Shani/Hawul
Duration: 4 months with possible renewal
- We seek competent persons to undertake parents, SBMCs, community members to mobilization and sensitizing them on COVID-19 pandemic. The project covers the period of 4 months with possible renewal.
- CHAD is looking for a Monitoring & Evaluation Officer for our area office in Borno state, North-East Nigeria. The role of the M&E Officer is to establish and implement systems that promote evidence-based decision-making, program and project performance, and internal management.
- The M&E officer will contribute to quality programming through supporting access to and use of relevant and timely information on program scale, relevance, and effectiveness.
- Within this context, the M&E officer will provide technical support to the program staff pertaining to M&E and build capacity in the region by identifying and supporting the implementation of effective, cost-efficient and meaningful M&E systems. The officer is to reports to the Head of the Program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Line management for project staff leads the process to establish country office and area office program-level M&E and accountability (Community Accountability Response Mechanism) systems.
- Lead the development of guidance and frameworks for the country and area office procedures, policies and processes that assist in institutionalizing and supporting M&E.
- Participate in program design and proposal discussions, including the theory of change development, log frame design, and budgeting for M&E.
- Participate in Country Office, and Area office strategy discussions to ensure M&E remains a high priority in the Programme.
- Provide leadership, support to technical advisors, project, and area managers in planning and standardizing M&E across projects.
- Support project managers and coordinators through the development of data collection methodology and tools, and systems for on-going data analysis.
- Develop a data management system for Programme and M&E data.
- Ensure that monitoring data are fed into management decisions and used in Programme management.
- Lead internal improvement processes (M&E matrixes, Macro Log Frames etc.) according to need.
- Encourage and support the absorption of lessons and recommendations at the office, and emerging from various AO (grant reviews, after-action reviews, grant closures) and CO events (evaluations, assessments, technical visits, learning reviews)
- Facilitate data analysis and improving program staff data literacy (and usage of the institutional platform geared toward this) that supports strategic decision making.
- Encourage community meetings/orientations at the project start-up.
- Supervise and support in executing M&E plans, and Accountability systems.
- Qualification: HND/ BA/BSc
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in creating and leading the implementation of M&E systems for an NGO
- At least 3 years’ experience working in an emergency or post-conflict setting
- Thorough experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision making
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- High-level English language and local language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,)
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Planning and delivering results
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Borno State (MMC, Jere, Koduga, Magumer)
Job Field: Finance / Accounting / Audit NGO/Non-Profit
Duration: 4months with possible renewal
Report to: Head of Finance
- On this regard, CHAD International, therefore, seek competent persons to undertake parents, SBMCs, community members to mobilization and sensitizing them on COVID-19 pandemic. The project covers a period of 4 months with possible renewal.
- Process all approved payments in line with standard practices with appropriate supporting documents
- Assist in the logistics preparation for and during workshops.
- Filling of retired payment vouchers with supporting documents.
- Posting of daily transactions (Income & Expenditure) using accounting Package.
- Carry out banking transaction and recording of daily lodgments and withdrawers
- Preparation of PVs and writing of cheques
- Posting of PVs and preparation of financial reports
- Responsible for budget tracking, bank statement reconciliation and preparation of staff payroll
- In charge of making requisition for funds/ reimbursement.
- Keep financial records and write up financial reports.
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
- HND / B.Sc. in Accounting or Banking and finance.
- At least four (4) years’ work experience in a similar position, preferably with a non-governmental organization
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and QuickBooks, good analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
Job Title: Education Program Officer
Locations: Borno (MMC, Konduga, Jere and Magumeri)
Job Type: Contract
- On this regard CHAD International therefore seek competent person to undertake parents, SBMCs, community members to mobilization and sensitizing them on COVID-19 pandemic. The project covers the period of 4 months with possible renewal.
Role and Purpose
- The Project Manager will be responsible for managing COVID-19 Education project in 3 centers in Brno state.
- S / he will manage the day-to-day implementation of the project from a programme and financial perspective, including ensuring adequate monitoring mechanisms.
- S / he will supervise the facilitator and coordinate work with the finance, monitoring and evaluation teams, as well as liaise with relevant stakeholders, including security forces like Nigerian Police Force, Military, CJTF, NSCDC, government, traditional and other NGOs.
- S / he will ensure the project is executed in compliance with donor and government regulations.
- Take overall management responsibility for the project, including developing and updating work plans and implementation strategies.
- Ensure that activities are implemented in line with project objectives, on time and with quality
- Ensure clarity about roles and responsibilities among project stakeholders.
- Monitor and continuously assess the operating context and the project activities, and recommend changes in approaches
- Ensure compliance with CHAD operational policies
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant stakeholders, particularly security stakeholders and community leaders
- Oversee the production of project reports in a variety of formats (written, audio, video) as may require by CHAD Int’l or the donor.
- Develop and implement a monitoring and evaluation plan in collaboration with M&E Officer
- Identify appropriate fora for the dissemination of project information and materials, and organize appropriate dissemination activities
- Participate actively in the management processes of the team, including team meetings, sharing of information.
- Participate actively in State level forums on issues related to the project, including as well as attending EIEWG meeting in North East.
- Building of network, to promote cross-learning and collaboration with other organizations
- perform other activities as may giving by the line manager or Country Director
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in relevant field
- At least 4 years of work experience
- Experience working with or on security sector would be a strong asset
- Experience directly supervising other staff
- At least 2 years working in Northeast Nigeria or other emergency environments
- Excellent coordination and communication skills
- Good writing skills and good knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work under pressure and in a high-risk security Environment.
- English (oral and written) and Hausa fluency; Knowledge of Kanuri and other languages prevalent in Borno State would be an advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Latter in not more than 3 pages should be addressed to the “Human Resource Officer, Center for Community Health and Development (CHAD) International, Behind Bulunkutu Primary school Maiduguri, Borno State” the CV / Cover Letter is strictly to be submitted to: email@example.com Kindly indicates your name, position you applying for as the subject of your email.
- CHAD provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
- CHAD International encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process
Application Deadline 29th August, 2020.
Do you want a Job today? Click Here to see New Jobs in Nigeria Now!
Get more jobs like this in your email for free!