Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a motivated group of entrepreneurs and professionals with a diverse range of backgrounds all the way from the medical industry to the music business, all with unique skills we bring to the job.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
- Review and implement local procurement policies & procedures in line with PSI Global policies, best practice, and funder requirements.
- Handle all Procurement requests and process them as per PSI procedures (contracts for goods and services).
- Collaborate with requesting departments in procurement planning process for all PSIN programs to improve efficiencies; monitoring to ensure compliance.
- Review bids and quotations according to the technical specifications and evaluation criteria specified within the RFP/RFQ in accordance with PSI/Nigeria procedures, policies and authority matrix.
- Negotiate, re-negotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, freight forwarders and other representatives, in accordance with PSI Nigeria policies and procedures.
- Monitor contract performance and evaluate supplier performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes or improvements.
- Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations in the procurement of goods and services.
- Develop monthly procurement report based on Procurement plan and all procurement requisition processed in the unit and provide accurate data for decision making on procurement planning and compliance.
- Conduct supplier prequalification exercise to ensure credible and high preforming suppliers for the provision of goods and services for PSI Nigeria program implementation.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive preferred vendors list.
- Develop Requests for Proposals (RFP)/Requests for Quotation (RFQ) and solicit bids from eligible suppliers, including for preferred vendors in accordance with PSI/Nigeria procedures and policies.
- Perform any other task assigned by the supervisor.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly ambitious individual with passion in public health, willing and able to learn by doing in a very demanding position. We are looking for.
- Degree / HND in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Finance, Accounting or Business administration
- Familiarity with and understanding of procurement concepts and approaches.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Passionate about working in international health organizations.
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- Minimum of 2 years post NYSC experience in procurement.
- Proven experience in procurement, including purchasing and logistics planning.
- Proven ability to work with many people across diverse background.
- Ability to juggle multiple conflicting deadlines while staying organized and paying special attention to details.
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and QuickBooks
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
- Pragmatism: You will strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You will not be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
- Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it is the only way you will learn and improve.
- Collaboration: You will quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you will not succeed.
- Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
- Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Comprehensive CV / Resume and Cover Letter (as one PDF / Word document) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Applications shall be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- Due to the high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted