Population Services International (PSI) | Job Recruitment: Click Here to Apply:
Population Services International (PSI) is a leading global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV/AIDS, and Reproductive Health. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services, and behavior change communications that empower the world’s most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives. Population Services International in Nigeria (PSIN) is a locally registered not-for-profit organization affiliated with PSI and is dedicated to improving the health of people in Nigeria, with a focus on reproductive health and maternal and child health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Location: Jabi, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract – Short term Consultancy
Duration: 3 months. (August- September 2021)
Job Category: Operations
Reports to: Procurement Officer
The work of the Procurement Assistant will include the following tasks:
- Implementing full compliance of procurement activities in strict accordance with PSI policies and funder regulations.
- Supporting the organization of procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, and their preliminary evaluation.
- Assisting in organizing and transmitting documentation related to offers, evaluation criteria, and correspondence with bidders, to the receiving unit.
- Writing and communicating notice of procurement meetings as well as reports/minutes of such meetings to all concerned stakeholders.
- Drafting internal memos/circulars/letters on procurement activities.
- Assisting the Procurement Officer in establishing and coordinating routine processes and procedures for the Procurement Department.
- Effectively liaising with all concerned stakeholders at all stages of the procurement process by maintaining a friendly approach, discussing/clarifying ambiguities, and bringing the attention of the Procurement Officer to any unresolved problem.
- Drafting routine documentation and correspondence related to assigned procurement actions, including but not limited to identification of potential suppliers, invitations to bid, bid summaries, purchase orders and, or contract, simple contractual amendments, renewals; obtain clarification when necessary;
- Supporting requisitioners to prepare clear and understandable purchase requests and assist in carrying out market research for potential suppliers of goods, services, and works.
- Monitoring status of existing requisitions and follow Purchase Orders up to payment while maintaining contact with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods and services.
- Assisting in the processing of invoices and delivery documents for goods and services delivered and ensure accuracy and completeness of documentation by liaising with the supplier and receiving unit.
- Working closely with the finance team for processing of payment concerning procurement-related invoices.
- Updating suppliers list and ensuring proper vendor management.
- Maintaining proper files of all procurement-related documentation, both in digitalized and hard copies, and ensuring availability for audit and for review purposes.
- Performing other reasonable duties as assigned by the Procurement Officer.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with at least 1 years work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Motivational Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and service rate as one PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org copying email@example.com using “Procurement Assistant” as the subject of the email.
- Note that failure to adhere to these instructions invalidates your application.
- PSI Nigeria will contact only shortlisted applicants.
- Before applying, read the requirements for the position and ensure that you qualify
Application Deadline 23rd July, 2021.
- Payroll Support Registration
- N-Power Batch C Assessment
- Guaranteed Offtake Registration
- NYIF Application Portal
- Nigeria Youth Investment Fund
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here