Population Media Center Nigeria Job Recruitment Program for a Marketing & Communications Officer- The Population Media Center Nigeria is recruiting candidates suitable to fill the position of a Marketing & Communications Officer. Interested candidates should kindly follow the descriptions listed below to apply.
Population Media Center Nigeria – We work at the intersection of social and environmental justice. Women and girls around the world are robbed of social power and self-determination. Eradicating these injustices is not only a crucial human rights issues, it’s also intricately connected with the world’s population and the creation of a sustainable planet
Stories are powerful. We are drawn to them. We remember them. Imagine paying $0.04 USD to reach a person meaningfully. Imagine 67% of new health clinic clients saying that they came to seek services because of an entertaining radio show. These are the real implications of PMC shows.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing & Communications Officer
Location: Gwarinpa, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Country Director
- The Marketing & Communications Officer is responsible for the development and implementation of cohesive marketing strategies that grow audience share, funding, and advance our brand and mission.
- The Marketing & Communications Officer works closely with the Country Director, Deputy Representative, and Creative Teams, as well as working closely with the Marketing team at our Headquarters.
The Marketing and Communications Officer oversees three essential responsibilities:
Increase audience share and drive public demand for our entertainment:
- The Marketing and Communications Officer develops and implements promotional plans for our dramas and other activities, working closely with media outlets, our formative research, the Creative Director, and our creative teams.
- S/he develops a timeline of activities that outline deliverables with clear objectives and budgets.
- S/he is responsible for implementation and evaluation of those deliverables.
- In harmony with other strategic planning, develop and implement promotion plans for our dramas and other in-country activities; monitor and evaluate according to goals, timelines, and budget
- Conceptualize and create dynamic messages, activities, and materials for a variety of audiences
- Research, write, and design print and digital materials, including presentations or talking points, brochures, posters, websites, billboards, promotional packets, etc.
- Work closely with Creative, Research, and Leadership on specific and overall initiatives
- Work closely with OUR Headquarters Marketing Team to ensure all marketing and communications activities are aligned with mission and vision and to provide stories from the field for Headquarters’ activities
- Document, photograph, and videotape events, listeners, production, etc.
- Maintain social media accounts.
- Develop and align marketing budgets in collaboration with financial officer
- Develop media contacts; write and distribute press releases; participate in interviews and speaking events; assist appropriate personnel for speaking events
- Keep abreast of advances in marketing and communications strategy and technology.
Drive demand and increase funding for our interventions on social and environmental issues:
- The Marketing and Communications Officer develops and grows relationships with current and prospective funders and partners, ranging from government entities to health facilities to UN agencies to NGOs, working closely with the Country Director, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, and external entities.
- Track and categorize efforts; regularly send updates and materials to headquarters
- Assist the Country Director to prepare reports on promotional activities to submit to our headquarters, government counterparts, donors and project partners, as needed
- Keep abreast of social and behavior change communications, international development, our social issues, and private and public funding sectors
- S/he is responsible for continually finding and creating multi-media stories of our impact, documenting impact on individual listeners, partners (such as clinic attendance or attitudes of clients), and popular opinion.
- Ensure in-country team understands our brand, audiences, value proposition, and marketing and communication objectives and activities (Headquarters Marketing Team will provide you with brand training, brand guidelines, audience research, etc)
Manage the OUR brand to control how it’s perceived in the market:
- The Marketing and Communications Officer develops and advances our brand and mission by continually learning about our audiences, understanding how we are perceived in the market, and protecting the integrity of our products – by working with our staff internally to understand and articulate our role and our value proposition, ensuring our marketing promises match deliverables, and ensuring visual and verbal consistency across all materials and presentations.
- Oversee our brand to ensure our image and value proposition across all materials and presentations
- Interested candidates must possess a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Health, Economics, Social Science or related field (Advanced Degree preferred)
- Work Experience background with one of the early educations/out of school organizations
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in the design, management, and implementation of marketing and communications strategy especially in the following areas:
- Ability to Develop written and visual content to achieve improved organization Communication and marketing results
- Create unique strategies for Social Media, Mobile Communication and marketing campaign in tune with the times
- Adept at writing and publishing blog articles on global issues affecting the population, health and Climate Change
- Ability to lead or coordinate internal Marketing education workshops
- Developed and managed marketing program materials in different marketing quarter
- Strong organizational and personnel skills, and the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong knowledge of graphic design preferred
- Strong knowledge of website architecture and content strategy preferred
- Ability and good knowledge of storyboarding or translating ideas to the creative team
- Conducted research for grant applications and donor organizations in alignment with organization vision for funding and development.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud preferred
- HubSpot preferred
- Good Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and experience with WordPress preferred.
How to apply
interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes to the “HR” via: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email
22nd April, 2022.
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
Be the first to comment