Plantation Industries Limited is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant job positions in their company. Interested candidates should kindly follow the job application guidelines below to apply successfully.
Plantation Industries Limited is a leading Cocoa Processing Company in Nigeria. The company has market wide reputation as a responsible and reliable supplier of food ingredients to local and international food giants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Ledger Accountant
Location: Akure, Ondo
Job type: Full-time
Department: Account and Finance
Report to: Chief Finance Officer (CFO)
About the Job
- We are looking General Ledger Accountants to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets.
- GL Accountant responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns.
- To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
- Ultimately, you will provide us with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, ensure ledger data is accurate, correct and precise. ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Managing Account Receivables, Account Payables and other Service Creditors
- Managing inventories from Raw Materials, WIP, FG and MRO
- Publish financial statements in time
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Entering financial data in deferrals, accruals, and reclassifications
- Reviewing cash deposits and preparing cash receipt journal entries
- Interpreting and analyzing financial information
- Posting journal entries in the accounting system
- Tracking fixed asset ledger
- Preparing balance sheet and profit and loss statement
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
- Reporting any fluctuations and variances
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
- Work experience as an Accountant in a reputable manufacturing company
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Additional certification (ICAN CPA or CMA) is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the IFRS
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like FreshBooks and QuickBooks
Salary and Benefits
- Remuneration is attractive and commensurate with experience.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Annual Leave
- Training & Development
- Performance Bonus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters