Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Plan International Recruitment 2023
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Location: Minna, Niger
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 10 months (with possibilty of extension)
- The Accelerated Nutrition Results in Nigeria (ANRiN) project aims to increase the utilization of quality, cost-effective nutrition services for pregnant and lactating women, adolescent girls and children under five years in Nigeria.
- The World Bank-funded programme will be implemented across selected states through community-based nutrition services. In Niger State, there will also be an additional element of the provision of adolescent health services.
- The project will be implemented by Plan International Nigeria in the state in collaboration with the State Ministry of Health, State Primary Health Care Development Agency, local CSO partners and other relevant stakeholders.
Dimensions of the Role
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will be responsible for developing effective Results Based Monitoring and Evaluation and ensuring effective implementation in Niger State where Plan International will be implementing the ANRiN programme.
- Develop project process and results M&E matrix and tools
- Support Project Director and the team to develop monitoring plans that capture quantitative and qualitative data to facilitate quality reporting on log-frame and result framework performance indicators
- Develop an operational reporting template for the project that facilitates the collection and aggregation of information
- Ensure programme learning is fed into results-based management processes, with a specific focus on documenting technical innovations and programme adaptation
- Liaise with M&E staff at the national UK office, and have regular catch-ups on progress of project
- Ensure that all project establish and maintain community feedback mechanisms
- Ensure relevant data is entered into organization-wide data management system designed to capture, analyse, and disseminate project data
- Coordinate evaluation/research/survey efforts, to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making
- Make regular monitoring visits to project sites to oversee data collection and ensure that the right data is being collected
- Summarize, analyse and interpret data
- Undertake quality monitoring and the development of project completion reports
- Strengthen capacity of the team and implementing partners to develop effective Results Based Monitoring and Evaluation and ensure effective implementation
- Facilitate documentation and reporting of monitoring data, lessons learned and success stories for internal and external sharing
- Perform other responsibilities as requested by supervisor/ senior management to support strong project management and knowledge management of the project
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Statistics or Economics or Demography or Anthropology or Development Planning or Social Work or Epidemiology or related subjects of similar scope
- At least 5 years of progressive experience of monitoring and evaluation in public health/nutrition or any large social sector programs
- Demonstrated competency in technical writing
- Proficient with analytical tools and software such as Stata, SPSS, MS Excel, etc.
- Knowledge of other Nigerian languages will be an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of M&E techniques and methodologies including knowledge of conducting operations research, household surveys and qualitative assessments; data analysis, interpretation and reporting
- Experience and evidence of research work, paper/manuscript writing and publication.
- Confirmed experience in designing M&E and Learning frameworks for large scale nutrition programmes
- Significant experience working as M&E Manager on large scale, consortium-led, nutrition programmes in challenging contexts, ideally in Nigeria
- Strong communication skills, including advanced report writing skills
- Nigerian national with the ability to articulate and demonstrate a strong understanding of the contextual challenges faced by communities in Nigeria.
- Experience in capacity building of implementing partners
- Experience and knowledge of the cross-sectional thematic areas of gender and safeguarding would be an asset
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 4th March, 2023.
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Enter your email address below and get more Updates like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is FREE
Like our Facebook page for direct updates
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, and career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans, and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant to secure a job, loan, grant, or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Be the first to comment