Plan International is currently seeking to recruit competent professionals suitable for the position of an Administrative Assistant. Interested candidates should kindly follow the job application guidelines listed in the article below to apply successfully.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
- This role will support Plan International Nigeria Country Program to ensure Admin, Logistics and Procurement activities are in line with organisational and project objectives and donors’ expectations and guidelines.
- The Admin and Logistics Assistant will ensure effective Administrative, Logistics and Procurement support and implementation of Plan Nigeria to enable on-time delivery at value for money of all procurement for which Plan International is responsible.
Dimensions of the Role
- The Admin and Logistics Assistant is responsible for supporting the existing operations team with Administrative and logistics planning and implementation of Plan Nigeria’s country program.
- Whilst the responsibilities below cover the main aspects of the role, this may change due to the evolving situation and it is not limited to all listed below.
- Drafting of contracts for review.
- Updating the contract tracker to ensure timely renewals and termination of contracts.
- Prepare and file documents for signature/ action, as necessary to ensure proper filing are in place.
- Support the process of setting up LTAs with vendors.
- Support with visa processes such as drafting of invitation letters, following up with the Visa consultant and receiving all requisite PRs.
- Assist with necessary repairs and improvements as necessary.
- Oversee the proper capturing of all assets.
- Ensures compliance of all Plan international procurement and logistics regulations.
- Provide day to day support to staff in general in general office operations and identify future needs.
- Effective management of office operations.
- Support annual lease renewals.
- Ensuring proper placement of documents on the SHARED folder.
- Sending out RFQ/RFQ to prequalified vendors.
- Support the planning and organization of meetings and workshops.
- Prepares, maintains and records all SAP purchase requisitions.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Education, Knowledge and Experience
- University Degree in Business, Management or any related field.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in Administration, Supply chain and Logistics.
- Good interpersonal skills and team player.
- Highly motivated and flexible.
- Ability To provide and receive virtual support for efficient administration.
- Ability to take and receive feedback.
- Capable of creating clear goals that are consistent with the organization’s objectives.
- Adjust priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources to assigned tasks.
- People Skills: Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership
- Communication Skills: Well developed written and oral communication skills.
- Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with vendors as a representative of Plan international. This includes effective negotiation and representation skills.
- Integrity: Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to Plan international’s core values and humanitarian principles.
- Working knowledge of SAP ERP
- Awareness and sensitivity of self and others: Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity. Have experience and the ability to live and work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working internal and external relationships, and represent Plan in a professional and competent manner.
- Demonstrable understanding of, and commitment to, equal opportunities, gender and diversity.
- Fluency in English written and spoken.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in INGO
- Able to be planned and organized even within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem-solving skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 28th April, 2023.
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Enter your email address below and get more Updates like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is FREE
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, and career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans, and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant to secure a job, loan, grant, or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are free of charge.