Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
Palladium Group Recruitment 2023
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Director – Nigeria IHP
Job ID: req18123
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Project Overview and Role
- The purpose of the proposed USAID Integrated Health Program (IHP) Task Order (TO 7) Contract is to implement priority primary health interventions in Federal Capital Territory (FCT) to strengthen health systems at the state, Local Governance Health Authority, and the ward levels, as well as strengthen engagement with the state government.
- The objectives of the program are to (a) strengthen systems supporting primary health care services; (b) improve access to primary health care services; and, (c) increase quality of primary health care services.
- There are seven possible technical areas of focus: Health systems strengthening, maternal health, newborn health, child health, reproductive health/family planning, nutrition and malaria (RMNCH+NM).
- The IHP goal is to contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality primary health care (PHC) services. TO 07 will be USAID’s principal primary health program service delivery activity in FCT and will coordinate closely with other USAID activities and other development partner programs in the state. USAID will intentionally overlay this activity with other Mission programming to increase Government of Nigeria (GON) resources for primary health care (PHC) services, increase demand for PHC services, and improve access to essential commodities.
- The activity is expected to collaborate closely with those other implementing partners and will not undertake any activities already implemented by other USAID programs.
- The FCT IHP Director shall be the principal point of contact in FCT for procedural and substantive matters.
- The FCT IHP Director will take guidance from the Country Director and shall be responsible for ensuring quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the award.
- The FCT IHP Director shall provide overall leadership management and direction for IHP in FCT State.
- This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides dynamic, leadership, guidance, vision, and management to staff for successful implementation in State
- Supervises state staff and ensures strong collaboration with donors, other implementers, and local counterparts
- Responsible for meeting contractual obligations, producing deliverables and targets, and achieving project results as specified by USAID/Nigeria under state
- S/he oversees project planning and ensures implementation, with a focus on results and financial accountability for all project activities
- Provide leadership to the building of finance and governance capacity and review of key technical documents, strategies and policies.
- Ensure that the program meets set targets in accordance with national and USG standards.
Represent program at state level meetings
- Provide oversight and approval of program activities in the FCT
- Monitor performance of IHP supported facilities and work with team to develop quarterly plans and reports
- Take a leadership role in FCT’s annual work planning, training plans and quarterly reports and other required technical reports.
- Coordinate accurate data analysis and sharing to ensure targets are met and develop solutions to improve performance.
- Evaluate program progress against deliverables and targets on a quarterly basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor which contribute to the achievement of program goals.
- Post-graduate Degree in International Health, Social Sciences, Management or related discipline
- At least 10 years Demonstrated progressive experience in RMNCH programs and working with development agencies and organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, project beneficiaries and project staff
- Possess excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English
- Demonstrated supervisory skills; and ability to work well on a team Strong verbal, listening, writing, and intrapersonal skills essential for effective coordination among several institutions and staff involved in a broad range of activities
- Strong ability to multi-task will be highly desirable.
- Fluent in English, (written and oral communication) and in Hausa language
- Willingness to travel throughout Nigeria as necessary.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Enter your email address below and get more Updates like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is FREE
Like our Facebook page for direct updates
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, and career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans, and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant to secure a job, loan, grant, or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Be the first to comment