Oando Plc Recruitment – Applications are invited from suitable and qualified candidates for the position of Government Relations Officer. Interested persons should read the requirements and apply below.
Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions provider with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigeria Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Government Relations Officer
Job type: Full-time
Unit/Department: Government and External Relations
- This role is primarily responsible for providing support towards developing & maintaining strong and sustainable relationships with JV partners, Federal Government regulators, and pertinent Ministries, Agencies, and Parastatals within the Energy sector.
- The role will also be responsible for information gathering, conducting research, and monitoring federal, state, and local legislative and regulatory activities affecting the oil, gas & power industry in general and OER’s operations specifically.
- The overriding objective is to provide support to the team to foster and optimize good business relationship with key government, regulatory and community stakeholders.
- This position reports to the Government Relations Manager
Scope of Responsibility & Accountability:
- This role will provide required support to the members and management of the Government and External Relations Team
- High level of integrity is required due to nature of the role.
- The Job holder requires the flexibility to shuttle between operational locations
- The resource be able to work with minimal supervision and must be resourceful.
- Monitor organizational changes within the MDAs and NASS and constantly update the man marking guide in line with changes made.
- Support the Government Relations Manager in managing engagements/relationships with JV partner organizations and relevant regulatory stakeholders through key influencers (from entry to mid management level) to understand expectations, concerns, needs and positions on public and regulatory issues.
- Provide support for engagement planning and scheduling for OER management to meet with their counterparts in agencies that carry out executive, legislative & regulatory functions
- Conduct research and monitor state and federal legislative and regulatory issues that may potentially impact business operation, and report on potential regulatory and legislative issues to ensure organizational awareness.
- Provide administrative support to the External Relations team including management of the Team’s document library.
- Develop presentations and position papers based on framework provided by the Government Relations Manager.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the oil and gas industry, trends, and the internal business environment.
- Monitor all communications with 3rd parties, JV Partners, Communities, Government ministries, Parastatals and agencies and maintain a database of all correspondence.
Key Performance Indicators
- Up to date stakeholder management (database, engagement schedule and communication)
- Zero non-technical (Government and Community) downtime
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Economics, Finance, Business, Political/Social Science or Law
- A minimum of 3 years cumulative work experience
- Knowledge of Oil & Gas regulations, and government processes at the federal, state, and local levels
- Possess basic network at all levels of government.
- Lobbying and public relations experience
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret a variety of detailed legislation and regulatory documents.
- Other qualifications/experience would include good knowledge of the Oil & Gas (upstream) industry
- Politically Savvy
- Knowledge of government and legislative processes, procedures, and rules
- Adaptability – Government & Host Community Engagement
- Relationship Building & Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Judgment & Decision Making
- Written/Oral Communication and presentation skills
- Intelligence Gathering
- Relationship Establishment (Networking) – Key stakeholder identification
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply