Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Job Vacancy : The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Humanitarian Access Technical Assistant
Webcruiter ID: 4274189795
Employment type: Permanent position
Percentage of full-time: 100
- The purpose of the Humanitarian Access Assistant position is to support the implementation of delegated access portfolio in community engagement, relationship building and actors mapping according to Plan of Action for NRC Nigeria.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Participate in the Nigeria access strategy implementation
- Travel to relevant LGAs/areas that NRC currently operating in or planning to operate new programs and facilitate the process
- Update the actor mapping sheet with relevant contacts that influence the NRC operations in northeast Nigeria
- In close collaboration with Humanitarian Access, build a network of key informants from the community, local authorities or gatekeepers.
- Contribute to the humanitarian access tracking online sheet and keep records of any access challenges, solutions and lesson learned
- Facilitate access for NRC activities at the field level and camps
- Conduct access assessment in new areas based on programmatic demands
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Contribute to NRC access and program expansion to new areas
- Responsible for orientation of new recruits on access related in newly accessible areas that NRC expanding too in the field.
- Contribute to data collection on access incidents from focal points in the field location.
- Ensure regular field visit for Access monitoring and community engagement.
- Minimum of Diploma in Social Sciences, Degree or equivalent to related field
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience within field of expertise (Access, Security, Community Liaison or Program) in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Understanding of humanitarian access and principles
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Strong Interpersonal Skills:
- Liaison and negotiation skill with non-government stakeholders
Context Skill, Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of the context in northeast Nigeria
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and shuwa languages
- Personal qualities
- Strategic thinking
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments
We Can Offer
- Position Grade Level 4
- 60% Travel
- 5 Months Contract till December 31st (renewable)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
See More Jobs Here:
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
How to get latest jobs update: Enter your email address to subscribe to this site and receive notifications of new posts by email.