The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Recruitment 2020. See the requirements and guideline here. NRC is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Officer
Webcruiter ID: 4263466817
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reports To: The Security Coordinator
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Employment Type: Contract
Percentage of Full Time: 100
- NRC is looking for a Security Officer for our area office in Maiduguri, Borno State in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Security Officer is to implement Security activities in Borno State and support the implementation of Security activities in other field offices.
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja.
- NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Education, and Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
Duties and responsibilities
- Immediately report to Security Coordinator all threats to NRC staff, beneficiaries, activities or asset
- Immediately report to Security Coordinator all breaches of safety and security procedures
- Carry out emergency procedures and drills
- Liaise with stakeholders regarding safety and security information
- Compile relevant information for the preparation of regular security updates and reports
- Ensure vehicle and staff movements are monitored according to procedures and that necessary safety and security equipment are available and in good condition
- Helps support the establishment and/or maintenance of NRC offices and field offices.
- Implementation of NRC’s safety and security policies at the office level
- Preparing security and risk assessments to identify safety and security needs in new areas for implementation
- Facilitating the training of staff in safety and security procedures
- Performs any other duty assigned by the Security Coordinator.
- University Degree or equivalent from a polytechnic in a relevant field, preferably in Security Management University
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of local languages (Hausa or Kanuri is a plus)
- Experience working at least as a Security Assistant or Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context. Experience in North-East Nigeria is required.
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Planning and delivering results
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive, and accountable.
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling an insecure environment
We Can Offer
- Commencement: August 2020
- Duration: 5 months (One-year renewal)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general direction of grade level 5 step 1
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent travels. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
- This position is for Nigeria Nationals Only.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
Application Deadline 24th July, 2020.
Jobs Vacancies in Nigeria
- Nigeria Police Recruitment 2020 NPF Portal | www.policerecruitment.gov.ng
- Nigeria Police Constable Recruitment 2020/2021 Form – Apply Now
- ECOWAS Recruitment 2020 Form – Step to Apply Here
- Npower Recruitment 2020 Registration Closing Date – See Deadline Here
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2020/2021: NAF Airmen / Airwomen Recruitment Form – Register Now
- CAF Recruitment 2020 and How to Apply Online: cafonline.com/en-us/caf/careers.aspx
- UNICEF Recruitment 2020/2021 | Apply Here www.unicef.org
- Register for British High Commission (BHC) Nigeria Recruitment for Digital Access Programme Officer
- Register for Amotekun Recruitment 2020/2021 Application Form Portal | Ekiti, Ogun, Osun States – Apply Now
- NAF Recruitment 2020/2021 Application Form via www.airforce.mil.ng
- NJI Recruitment 2020 Form – See National Judicial Institute Job Vacancies Via www.nji.gov.ng
- Apply for NALDA Recruitment 2020: Apply for NALDA Volunteer Programme – See Deadline
- KPMG Nigeria Recruitment 2020/2021 For Graduate Trainee Programme – Apply Here
- Massive Recruitment at AHNi – See Steps to Apply Here
- Army Recruitment Application Portal Form 2020/2021 — Details
- Airtel Recruitment 2020/2021 – See Positions Below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email