Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) Recruitment 2022 for a Senior Human Resources and Administrative Officer – The Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is currently seeking competent professionals suitable for the vacant position in their organization. Interested candidates should kindly follow the guidelines listed below to apply.
Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is a member of the ACT Alliance and we provide emergency assistance in disasters, work for long-term development in local communities and address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, business and religious leaders.
Norwegian Church Aid is an ecumenical diaconal organisation for global justice. We work to help the poorest and those in need, regardless of their creed, race, political or religious affiliation. NCA has a presence in Nigeria to respond to the Humanitarian crisis in Northeast Nigeria. NCA has its core competencies in Gender Based Violence and Water Sanitation and Hygiene. NCA has its strengths in works and invest in local partners and ensures their capacities are built from the onset of response, to enable them to have the capacity to respond in a long-term intervention including recovery and development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Human Resources and Administrative Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno (With travels to the deep-field locations)
Employment Type: Full-time
Category and Level: Category II B Level 3
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Time frame: 6 Months with possibility of extension
- The Senior Human Resources Officer is the team leader of the NCA’s Human Resource Sector.
- Responsible for personnel support, compliance with the policies, payroll administration and general HR matters concerning NCA and staff.
Specific Objectives of Mission (Objectives, Scope and Deliverables)
- Personnel support-in interpreting of HR policies and relevant clauses, salaries and all human resource related matters. Ensure staff induction is carried out by all sectors.
- Recruitment of staff- advertising, hiring, interviews and preparationof staff contracts including notifying supervisors and on expiry dates.
- Compliance- Ensure that NCA complies to Nigerian labor lawsand legislation and staff comply with the procedures and policies NCA protocols.
- Payroll and statutory roles-preparation of payroll, registration to and remittance of statutory deductions within the required timelines
- Communication to staff -on matters from the management
- Co-ordinate the induction of new staff to the programme
- Provide advice, support and information to Staff and Managers on all personnel issues, including:
- Terms and conditions of employment
- Policies and procedures
- Performance management
- Staff welfare.
- Maintain accurate and up-to–date personnel records on all staff.
- Staff leave days administration and providing monthly updates
- Ensure comprehensive and constructive performance reviews and probationary period reviews are completed on a timely basis and facilitate discussion of performance.
- Follow up all changes to staff contracts (including salary re-gradings, changes to job descriptions and job titles, contract extensions and terminations).
- Conduct de-briefs with staff leaving the mission.
- Liaise with relevant supervisors to ensure staff exit procedures are followed, this includes ensuring de-briefs and end of contracts (including end dates, outstanding leave, money and assets owed to programme returned) clearance is finalized.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of innovative and flexible personnel policy and practice.
- Develop staff recruitment plans for every grant proposal developed and advise on staff coverage per functional areaIdentify appropriate channels for new position adverts and support in attracting the best personnel
- Co-ordinate the induction of National Staff
- Support managers in the writing of job descriptions, shortlisting and interviews
- Participating on interview panel for key positions
- Maintain updated personnel files for all national staff
- Liaise with Government agencies on recruitment and statutory regulations
- Ensure that national staff are recruited in a timely manner following internal procedures and guidelines
- Assist supervisors in the management of all personnel systems, procedures and regulations.
- Oversea the issuing of contracts for all national staff
- Be the focal point for all personnel queries regarding national staff.
- Liaise with other agencies to ensure compatibility of terms and conditions for national staff
- Act as focal point for national staff queries regarding terms and conditions.
- Ensure that all HR policies and procedures comply with national policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Ensure that good quality information is provided to staff on contracts, terms and conditions etc.
- Timely payroll preparation every month.
- Preparation of all attachments for the statutory deductions
- Requisitioning for payment and eventual remittance of the statutory deductions to the relevant statutory bodies within the timelines
- Support review of national staff salaries as may be required
- HMO management ensuring that staff receive quality health care from the health provider.
- Official communication to staff on various matters public holidays, information from management, recruitment, leave days balance etc.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree / HND in relevant fields
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or Public Administration
- HR certifications, CIPM, CIPD, NIM will be an added advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of employing international and national staff and setting and national staff terms and conditions.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build relationships across different groups of people.
- Proven adaptability and stamina in demanding situations.
- An interest in and ability to grasp the complexity of different HR situations, policies and practice and communicate this well to staff.
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as in collaboration with others.
- Fluency in English.
- Experience of managing personnel budgets
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with general legal employment concepts
- At least 4 years working experience of working with non-governmental organizations and or in a similar position
- Experience of establishing and updating personnel systems for an organization
- Experience of recruiting, interviewing and selecting staff.
- Proven supervisory skills.
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate with sensitivity, discretion and respect for confidentiality.
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Norwegian Church Aid and amongst beneficiaries served by Norwegian Church Aid.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics within Norwegian Church Aid.
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Norwegian Church Aid’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
- Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values
How to apply
interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter and CV in a single document (saved in your name) to: Recruitment-Ng@nca.no using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
27th May, 2022.
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE