Register for U.S. Embassy Abuja job recruitment for a Community Liaison Office Assistant (CLO Assistant). Nigeria U.S Job Vacancies and career opportunities is ongoing. See requirements , guideline on how to fill and complete your form online.
The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Liaison Office Assistant (CLO Assistant) – Employees of Mission
Announcement Number: Abuja-2019-060RA-2
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Series/Grade: FP – 0101 7
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Promotion Potential: FP-7
Hiring Path: Open to the public
Appointment Type; Permanent
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
Appointment Type Details: Definite not to Exceed (5 years)
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Basic Function of the Position
- The Community Liaison Office Coordinator serves all USG employees and family members stationed at Post.
- The Community Liaison Office Assistant (CLO Assistant) assists the CLO Coordinator in the development and management of post programs to maintain high morale of community members.
- S/he identifies needs within the post community and responds with effective programming, information, resources and referrals.
- Additionally, s/he works under the loose supervision of the CLO and interact independently with CLO clientele to develop CLO materials/programs, and to generate ideas for CLO events. Top secret clearance is required.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Experience: Minimum of one (1) year of secretarial and administrative experience is required.
- Job Knowledge: Knowledge of proper and efficient secretarial and office management procedures as practiced by the U.S. Mission Nigeria is required.
- Education Requirements: Completion of Secondary School or received high school diploma
- Evaluations: This may be tested.
- Language:Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, use of PC, and the ability to type 40 wpm is required. Effective communication and strong organizational skills is required. Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and work on several tasks jointly is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM – FS is 07. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
- U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) – All Agencies
- Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
USD $37,680 yearly.
How to Apply for Nigeria U.S. Embassy Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- High School Diploma
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria
Application Deadline 10th July, 2020.
Enter your email below and click subscribe.
Also make use of our share button below: to inform your friends, families via Facebook, Twitter, pinterest, Linkedin, Tumblr, Google+ etc