Network for Health Equity and Development (NHED) Recruitment 2022 for a State Program Manager – The Network for Health Equity and Development is currently recruiting competent professionals suitable for the position of a State Program Manager. Interested and qualified candidates should kindly follow the guidelines listed below to apply.
Network for Health Equity and Development (NHED) was created to serve as an alternative business platform to provide international level technical assistance in Health and Development in Nigeria, particularly in markets restricted to only indigenous organizations. As an affiliate of Health Partners International (HPI), both companies have a signed agreement with HPI to purchase and utilize all her standards for financial and support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: State Program Manager
Locations: Gombe and Plateau
Reports To: National Program Manager/Technical lead
- NHED is a not-for-profit Nigerian Health and Development Organisation that is passionate about developing and supporting the delivery of high-impact health interventions.
- Our network of innovative, patriotic, and dynamic professionals from within and outside the country, work with government, international and local partners to address key health system challenges by building resilient and responsive systems that meet the needs of communities particularly the most vulnerable.
- We work to transform the Nigerian health sector and achieve Universal Health Coverage by working with state and non-state actors at both National and Sub-National levels to provide a wide range of interventions that address key health system challenges, including governance and leadership, health systems research, high-level advocacy, support for human resource development and management, service delivery, health information, and performance management
- In line with our mandate, we are recruiting qualified and suitable candidates to oversee some of our ongoing projects in the Plateau and Gombe states.
- This is a professional middle management position that will be very close to the National Project Management team in Abuja with a focus on the comprehensive implementation of state project activities.
- The State Project Manager will fully participate in key decision-making for the nutrition program. The role has a significant focus on comprehensive planning and quality delivery of nutrition activities.
- The State Project Manager will lead administrative tasks of planning, organizing, supervising, and implementing nutrition projects in the selected state. The Project Manager will mentor and supervise the state team to promote high-quality nutrition implementation approaches.
- They will perform assigned management duties closely working with other internal departments, to coordinate nutrition program activities.
The State Project Manager has the following key accountabilities:
- Provide managerial and operational leadership to the State Project Team in developing and finalizing the various deliverables for the project – inception report, annual work and procurement plans, semi-annual and monthly reports as well as the financial management and health care waste plan
- Liaise with the Client, the State Primary Health Care Development Agency: (SPHCDA), and other stakeholders on all technical and operational issues related to the provision of the basic package of nutrition services.
- Liaise with the State to ensure availability of guidelines, operational manuals, reports of surveys and assessments, and other documents relevant to the project, for developing the work plan
- Establish a mechanism for prompt resolution of disputes relating to the project.
- Ensure availability of resources and commodities for smooth implementation of the project.
- Provide overall supervision for State Project Office staff in ensuring that an enabling environment exists for project deliverables to be accomplished on time
- Allocating roles and responsibilities to State Project staff in line with their respective roles as outlined in their ToRs for quality and timely achievement of the approved work plan;
- Ensure deliverables and targets are met within the stipulated timelines as well as submission of the various reports.
- With guidance from head office, identify and select CBOs/CSOs, community health workers, and other personnel required for delivering the basic package of nutrition services.
- With support from the State Project Team, orient and build capacities of CSOs, CBOs, community health workers, LGA, ward, and health facility level staff on all project-related guidelines, manuals, and tools.
- Establish a project quality assurance mechanism comprising:
- Procured goods and services
- Standards for all services
- Development of quality assessment and improvement tools
- Capacity building for Q and A
- Quality improvement and client satisfaction
- Supervise the implementation of the monitoring framework for the project.
- Supervise the Administration and Finance Manager in setting up a functional project office including the establishment of the financial management system
- Ensure strong financial management/accounting oversight of project funds, timely and appropriate fund release towards operational costs and payments to contracted vendors/consultants based on verified achievement of results; maintenance of financial records and books of accounts; timely audit of project expenses and resolution of issues.
- Set up a functional and responsive citizen engagement mechanism with grievance redress and accountability as key components and provide regular feedback to the State.
Supervision and Monitoring:
- Ensure timely, complete, and correct recording, reporting, and collation of performance data and results in indicators by community health workers, CSOs/CBOs, and other personnel supporting service provision.
- Monitor and review routinely progress reports of project interventions especially progress towards achievements of targets on the indicators from the results monitoring framework and performance targets.
- Develop a coaching/mentoring plan and supervisory plan for the project components and establish a mechanism for managing documentation related to project monitoring activities (reports, assessments, briefs, meeting notes, and oversight visits from Project Steering Committee).
- Conduct regular review/analysis of service data with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and develop actions to improve outcomes from poorly performing LGAs.
- Conduct a biannual review of staff performance and recommend actions for high-performing and poorly performing staff.
- Organize state team for participation in project implementation support missions.
- Make adequate preparation for active participation of the state project team in the annual nutrition results conferences organized by the Nutrition Division of the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) and the National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA).
- Set up a system to conduct and report on monthly supervisory visits and quarterly review meetings.
- Support documentation and dissemination of best practices to the state, and other implementing agencies in line with the knowledge, management, and learning component of the project.
- Liaise with state technical implementing agencies, for possible inputs, guidance, and support as necessary to ensure smooth implementation of project activities
- Liaise with development agencies, Civil Society Organizations/NGOs active in the state to ensure complementarily and greater impact.
- Establish a robust engagement mechanism that takes cognizance of the state political economy environment to support effective, efficient, and smooth implementation of project activities.
- Liaise with relevant technical experts at Head Office to provide support to the State Project team as required
Qualifications and Requirements
- Interested candidates should possess a Master’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g., Nutrition, Public Health, or Equivalent).
- At least 10 years of experience managing development projects, preferably in African countries with a strong focus on field implementation.
- Fluency in English (Comprehension, writing, and speaking) and Hausa.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and partners.
- Good time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Experience managing projects with a focus on behaviour change would be an asset.
- Excellent analytical, strong communication, and presentation skills.
How to Apply
interested and qualified candidates should send their Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Project Manager” as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- NEED is committed to the fundamental principles of equal employment opportunity
13th May, 2022.
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE