National Basketball Association (NBA) is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant job positions in their organization. Interested candidates should kindly follow the job application guidelines below to apply successfully.
National Basketball Association (NBA) is passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Basketball Operations Lead – NBA Nigeria
Requisition ID: 7543
- The NBA Nigeria Basketball Operations works to carry out the league’s strategy of growing the game of basketball by getting more youth participating in the game around the world.
- Based in Lagos, Nigeria, this position will work across all business lines to develop, deliver, and manage Basketball Operations initiatives and programs in Nigeria and Africa supporting the growth of the NBA Nigeria.
- This role will focus on managing and growing our NBA Nigeria youth participation programs and activities in Nigeria, support NBA Nigeria initiatives in Nigeria and, oversee the administration and delivery of Basketball Operations partner deliverables.
- Serve as primary contact for Basketball Operations on all NBA Nigeria Leagues operations, logistics & internal processes in Nigeria.
- Overall lead on NBA Nigeria Leagues programs running in Nigeria, including managing local agency and coordinating partner deliverables with the partnerships team.
- Overall lead on the delivery of NBA Nigeria Week clinics, coaching clinics, activities, and programs for NBA Nigeria preseason games in Nigeria.
- Assist with the coordination, planning, organization, and delivery of NBA Nigerian camps, coaching, NBA Nigeria clinics, and NBA Nigeria Cares activities around international games.
- Support the implementation of youth basketball and coaching development (train-the-trainer) in Nigeria Support NBA Nigeria, Global Partnerships, and New Business departments in designing and delivering basketball programming that supports business growth and long-term basketball initiatives.
- Develop and evolve key day-to-day relationships with Federations, Clubs, Government, and other key stakeholders in NBA Nigeria.
- Lead the on-court coaching, instruction, and demonstrations of basketball drills at camps and youth clinics (elite/non-elite) in Nigeria Support the talent identification, scouting, and recruitment of elite players for Basketball Without Borders (BWB), NBA Nigeria League selection camp, and other elite basketball programs.
- Support the development and management of basketball programs in the U.A.E. and the Middle East, including NBA Nigeria and NBA Nigeria Basketball School programs.
- Support the Basketball Operations department in partnering with the Global Partnerships team to develop and deliver a commercial model to commercialize NBA Nigeria Basketball Schools platforms, to increase levels of participation in Nigeria.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Management.
- A minimum of 7 years elite basketball coaching experience with extensive experience in coaching youth players and past playing experience, a plus.
- A business management experience is a plus In-depth knowledge of the game of basketball throughout Africa, with special focus in Nigeria and internationally Experience in creating, planning, and executing all aspects of basketball development programs (youth/elite clinics, coaching clinics, camps, seminars, grassroots, etc).
- Ability to develop creative solutions which will meet the objectives of prospective partners.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Business level fluency in the English language required.
- Additional language skills, a plus Strong ability to deliver in-person and virtual coaching to elite youth players and coaches.
- Strong business acumen with a demonstrated computer proficiency (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to learn new computer programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and across all business lines within the organization.
- Position will require significant international travel.
- Team-oriented mindset A passion for basketball Strong business acumen
- Established relationships with scouts across Nigeria a plus.
- Deep knowledge of the NBA Nigeria international business and sports operations.
- Strong project-management and event management skills, with a demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects Foundational knowledge of Marketing, TV & Digital Sales, Merchandising, Sponsorships, and Communications.
- A thorough understanding of the Nigeria sports landscape and the local culture.
- Working knowledge of the game of basketball, including current FIBA and NBA rules and regulations.
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Job Title: Marketing & Communications Lead
Requisition ID: 7551
- At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball.
- Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
- This position is critical in driving the growth of NBA Nigeria by driving key brand initiatives and the broader fan engagement efforts of the NBA in Nigeria.
- The Marketing lead will work across multiple departments serving as the voice of the fan and the custodian of the NBA brand in Nigeria.
- In the fan engagement role, the individual will work with the PR, social media, events and content teams to drive local, fan-centric activities for all key markets.
- Be a champion of the African basketball fan across all departments of NBA Nigeria.
- Make decisions regarding localization of global NBA campaigns and initiatives and manage execution thereof.
- Drive strategic decisions around fan engagement and the NBA brand in order to reach broader business objectives and targets.
- Lead all fan insights work, with the support of the insight’s teams based in New York and marketing team in South Africa including management of global fan trackers, bespoke research for the region, and fan panels.
- Drive key performance indicators across on marketing disciplines and update key stakeholders on campaign performance on a regular basis.
- Supports a communications strategy for NBA Nigeria working with relevant NBA departments (Communications, International Marketing, Social Responsibility, CDS, Social & Digital Media, Global Partnerships & Media Distribution)
- Lead the development of the multi-channel marketing strategy, with a particular focus on social media, PR, and digital.
- Deliver the marketing communications strategy, ensuring brand messaging and creativity is consistent across all communication platforms.
- Ensure consumer and cultural insights are integrated in all marketing strategies and communication platforms.
- Ensure brand standards are upheld across all creative and messaging.
- Support marketing partnerships team with marketing campaigns or across all partner activities Provide insights, ideas, campaigns, and budget for the Business Development team Support licensee manager with marketing campaigns around licensee product.
- Have a deep understanding of data analytics for the purpose of decision making and fan acquisition.
- Support all departments on all marketing needs and amplification of all initiatives.
- Supports the development of all NBA Nigeria communications efforts providing support to all needs across both business and basketball development.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Management, Sports Management and/or relevant field of study.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Minimum of 8 years of marketing experience Minimum of 2 years of leadership/management experience.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Experience leading multi-channel marketing campaigns with expert knowledge across social media, digital advertising, and PR.
- Having a strong content background will be an advantage
- Ability to be flexible & adaptive is a must.
- Proactive, thorough, intellectually curious, detail-oriented and highly organized.
- A passion for understanding consumer behaviour.
- Marketing knowledge and experience in sports/and or/fashion/lifestyle categories a plus.
- Storytelling ability using a range of platforms.
- Ability to multitask and complete work on time in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Conversational or Business French is a plus.
- Strategic thinker, able to shape, develop and execute the strategy of NBA Africa.
- Advanced knowledge of advertising and media effectiveness measurement approaches.
- Experience building relationships with personalities and influencers.
- Good knowledge of basketball, NBA, and the BAL. Sports landscape knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Strong presentation, planning, and analytical skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Enter your email address below and get more Update like this for free!
Subscribe to the site Jobrecruitmentportal.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Jobrecruitmentportal.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Jobrecruitmentportal admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of any kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters